View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 02:19 PM   #23
Chardonnay
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: 217/139/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
Thank you for such a detailed response!! =) and wow! You really got it together and changing your cals every 10lbs I never even thought to do that! I don't know why but this time starting has become so much harder. I just can't seem to get a good grasp over it, and it's making me sad and almost willing to stay fat. I really need to get it together!

Would you recommend not exercising and just controlling calories? and how on earth do you fast!! and what do your 500 calories consist of?
You're welcome I can't really recommend anything because I'm not an expert, I know what worked for me. I'm an avid exerciser, I believe that dieting alone doesn't work, I know some will disagree with me, but that's how I feel. You don't have to spend hours at the gym like I do, but at least some cardio every day will help with the fat-burning. I would definitely encourage anyone to do some strength training because it boosts metabolism and makes your whole body strong. I think it's also a very good motivator, once we shed some fat, we start to see our lean body underneath!

Fasting is interesting...500 calories for me on Wednesday consisted of a cup of coffee (I can't give up cream&sugar so that's already 105 calories)...for lunch I had steamed trout with lots of herbs and citrus/steamed broccoli and cauliflower (240 calories), then for dinner I had chicken broth with 4 saltine crackers (63 calories), for a snack I had air-popped popcorn (35 calories), no butter! This was a total of 477 calories for my day. I drank a lot of water, and also in the evening I had some sparkling water with some bitters and lime juice, just to have something different from the water. Maybe add another 5 calories for that. It's a lot easier than it seems, but you really need willpower the first few times because all I could think of were cashews lol...But the next day I felt so great, I had more energy, less digestive problems, and I actually felt leaner...so my bf and I will continue to fast every Monday and Wednesday. I think the key is research, to find filling food to eat that's also delicious so you don't get too bored. I have to think about what to cook on Monday for our next fasting day.

I know it's hard to start. For me I hit a "rock bottom" so to speak. I decided it was either live or die, literally. The meds I was on were horrible and it was no way to live, so I chose to wean off them and get back my health and shape because I couldn't imagine living out what would have been the rest of my life at 217 pounds and full of mental disease and physical problems. You have to really want it and be prepared for the entire journey. There will be slip ups, but in the long run, it's so rewarding!
Chardonnay is offline   Reply With Quote