Old 01-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #1  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Question My Fitness Pal

I've had the app for about a year or two now and I have been using it consistently since the beginning of the month. I am not really sure how much I like it...

I lost 80+ pounds back in 2010 without any apps. The only thing I really utilized as a tool was this website. That being said, I am thinking about just doing what I did then.. watching what I eat and reading labels but not keeping any kind of written diary of it.. it all seems pretty stressful and I don't really enjoy eating healthy when I have to babysit my appetite all day long.

I do like the app to a degree.. and I am having a hard time letting it go. lol Anyone have any experience with the app and kind of understand where I am coming from? Maybe I just need more friends on it (Most of mine haven't logged in in months).
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #2  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I'm a re-gainer and what I've learned about myself, is that I HAVE to babysit my appetite all day long. When I start to slack, it's a slippery slope. Thankfully, I actually enjoy using the app... I'm a list kind of girl, so it's satisfying to check my food off each day. Maybe I'm odd. I don't have any friends on there though, it's like my quiet "me" space. lol
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #3  
I can, I will, I do

OhThePlaces - I felt like that too but lately just staring at my own stuff in the feed is getting old. lol
Old 01-31-2014, 02:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I used MFP to lose most of my weight. It was essentially the bones of my plan which gave me the structure to stick to a plan. I still use it occasionally if I need to get myself back in check, but for the most part I don't log in on a regular basis. Although I have friends on it, I didn't really use it for the social support. That's why I come to 3FC. For me, it was a great tool that I couldn't have done without.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:58 AM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, try to add some more friends. I know for me, when I stop tracking, I stop losing weight. This is what I have to do for me. I'm daimere on there. I've logged in for like 55 days or something.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:47 AM   #6  
Meow

Kalikat003

I have logged in for 26 days in a row.

There is another post for a few days ago with usernames and all those folks log in everyday so it is encouraging!
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 213.5/194.8/125

Height: 5'4

I really like mfp! I like how it tracks my weight and i found that it helped me really track my cals. When i track in my head I don't feel as motivated. I like seeing that I only have so many cals left for the day because it keeps me more motivated to stick with it.

However, it is time consuming! I find having more friends on it really keeps me accountable. I even got my bf whose not trying to lose weight to use it and it's something fun for us to do!
krispcooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #8  

Mfp has helped me lose every inch! I'm an over eater, so I need to pay attention to portion size, and Ive changed my diet to clean vegetarian, so it also keeps me reading labels for ingredients and nutrients. I don't use its social aspects, its just a private food diary for me. Using portions has led me to really decrease my appetite, so the app also helps me avoid undereating(like days where I only want to consume 700 calories....) I don't want my body going into starvation mode.

It also has made daily weigh ins okay. They used to be stressful, I was obsessed. But now, because its charted in the app I can see my progress, so a little bump up in nothing in the grand scheme of things.

But if its driving you bonkers I would look for an alternative. I really like it, but that doesn't mean everyone will.
grinchygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:35 PM   #9  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

I log in daily, I'm "love2b136"
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/231/150

Height: 5'6

I used it a while ago and just started using it again. Its actually a really great resource in my opinion. If you need more friends my name on it is TraceConfusion.
RoxyDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:09 PM   #11  
I can, I will, I do

Thanks everyone. I am still using it, It's mostly frustrating whenever my boyfriend and I eat out. I have a hard time finding places where I can accurately chart my calories. Overall it's not bad.. and i've been consistently using it for 30 days now so it's kind of like.. Idk what to do without it. lol
Old 02-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #12  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I will guess when I am out, try to find something like it and then double it. I'd rather be OVER than estimating under
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/see ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Hey all! I use MFP and I really like it. My name on it is melmelrooroo

Edit: I just logged on there and tried to friend some of you with your usernames, but it only lets you friend from facebook or email, what the heck?! Does anyone know if you can/how you can friend with just a username?

Last edited by EnglishMcTeach; 02-06-2014 at 09:45 AM.
EnglishMcTeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: See tracker!

Height: 5'4''

I used to you MFP and then stopped. It helped for a few pounds but in the end, I was obsessing over my foods and wasn't actually enjoying eating anymore. It got to the point where my daily stress level was so bad I would cry at night...not fun when you're an emotional eater. My husband was sitting there completely helpless, trying to keep me from downing everything at night. So, I stopped using it. Today, I make smart food choices with the knowledge I have, read labels, and focus on being sensible about my diet and exercise. It simply just depends on what works for you. If it does, then great! If it doesn't, then it's time to keep searching.
cdavidowsky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 213/204/160

Height: 5'9

I like using it to plan meals/ calorie intake for the day- more than to track what I already ate. I like being able to store recipes and stuff to figure out how much of things I should eat.

I don't take it to seriously though and for me that's the key. Its too hard to keep a complete accurate count- like when eating out.
jennifer lynn xyz is offline   Reply With Quote