Old 12-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up January 2014 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here

We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-31-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

hi ladies!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful time yesterday. I'm enjoying the last day with DH before he heads back to work tomorrow. I had to adjust my ticker way up but hoping in the next few weeks I can get it moving back in the right direction. Of course, a goal of mine this year is to make some real progress in losing weight. However, I think the key is for me to track my calories everyday. So that will be my goal- calorie tracking. I may not be perfect but at least I'll be accountable.

today- elip 30 min & TF 30 min
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

Hi! I'm new here! I had an easy workout day today -- DH and I attended a 60-minute gentle yoga class.

I just finished Cathe Friedrich's 90-day XTrain rotation and am transitioning into her 90-day STS rotation now.

I did my first STS workout yesterday.

STS demands lots of time setting up & dismantling equipment, as well as frequent hitting of the "pause" button between exercises. I'm not used to that. So fingers crossed I have the patience to get through this .... However, I just came off of a 90-day XTrain rotation and am happy with the results (despite horrible eating), so I will persevere! .... I hope to get my eating together, too, because I'm bracing myself for the initial dreaded "puffy" water weight gain stage that comes with heavy weight rotations. Yuck.
Misha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Billy Blanks This Is Tae Bo

Teacher I had to adjust my ticker, too. Ugh! At least we have a starting point and we're getting back on plan. It's better to address it before it gets out of hand.

Misha Hi and Welcome to the check-in! Good luck with STS. I have some Cathe workouts. I don't have STS though. I have heard they are good. I have issues with all the equipment she uses, too.

Enjoy your evening!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Improved Digestion from Yoga for Stress Relief

Enjoy your day!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #6  

Hi everyone!

This morning I did Cathe's STS - Meso Cyle 1/Week 1/Disc 2 - Back & Triceps. I enjoyed it.

I hope to walk & do a Classical Stretch tonight. Will see ...

Have a great day!
Old 01-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #7  

Misha- welcome!!!!

Diana- thanks!

today- elip 30 min
Old 01-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #8  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I'll join! I'm doing the P90X3 program, I'm on day 12 today. When I have extra energy I also do Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" and "Ripped in 30", the Supreme 90 Day program, P90X, and Insanity (I just grab one that interests me that day for duration and intensity and the body part I want to work on).

January 1 - I did P90X3 "The Challenge" which is back to back pullups/pushups, repeat for a half hour. I also took my dog for a 29 minute walk in the neighborhood.

January 2- Today will be P90X3 "CVX" which is a cardio workout with some resistance worked in.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:53 PM   #9  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Leg Work premix w/#10's
Leslie Sansone's Walk to the Hits Party Songs 3 Miles

Misha Did you get the walk and CS in?

Teacher Did your DH go back to work today?

EagleRiverDee Hi and Welcome to the check-in! Are you liking P90X3 so far? How does it compare to the other P90 program you did?

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:13 AM   #10  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Oooh can I join?

I have been doing a mix of Beach Body coach challenges, Turbofire, JM cardio kickboxing, JM shred, and Hip hop Abs.

I've been taking it easy these last 3 days bc I strained my leg after falling on ice. Of all the times I slipped out here, this is the first time ever I actually did any damage.

Yesterday, I did Day 1 of a January challenge (increasing mixed workout), Day 21 of my squat challenge (180 squats), and some quick exercises

Today, day 2 of January challenge, Day 22 of squat challenge (185). Taking it easy bc my leg is killing me It has to rest up for shoveling tomorrow.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 AM   #11  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Diana- P90X3 is considerably different than P90X. P90X is about an hour a day, but pretty much traditional workouts. Standard weight lifting routines, standard cardio, and a yoga day. P90X3 the workouts are 30 minutes from start to stop. I expected them just to be a more intense version of P90X but they aren't really. Every workout is more synergistic- you're using more body parts, more core. For example, you might stand on one leg, do a bicep curl, then bend forward into yoga's Warrior 3 pose and then do a back fly all with weights. Or in a cardio routine, you'll be bouncing between chair pose and crescent pose but with a weight over your head and quickly enough that you're out of breath. They added MMX instead of Kenpo for one cardio workout, and they added in pilates, plus there is still a yoga routine but more intense. I like it, but it's definitely different!

Today's workout was P90X3 CVX which is a combination cardio routine done with weights to make it more intense. And I also went for a 1-3/4 mile walk with my DH and our dog.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)

sheramama Hi and welcome to the check-in! I hope you heal quickly from the fall.

EagleRiverDee I am not a fan of weight training, but of course I do it. I am a cardio person. It seems like a lot of programs have gone to a shorter length and using body weight exercises. There is a used book store in town that has P90 for $3 or $5. I keep looking at it.

Teacher

Have a great day!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #13  

On this very cold Southern morning -- and I know we have no right to complain compared to our friends in the North! -- DH and I attended a 6:00 a.m. hatha yoga class.

Teacher 1, thanks for the nice welcome!

Sheramama, welcome! I'm sorry to hear about the fall on the ice. My sister fell on ice in Michigan and broke her leg in several places, so I'm glad you are still moving and participating in the squat challenge.

EagleRiverDee, thanks for posting such nicely detailed information about P90x3. I'm a big fan of metabolic/AWT workouts but am getting such good results with old-fashioned heavy weight training that I might do P90x or Body Beast after I finish Cathe's STS rotation ..... As you pointed out, P90x is a bigger time commitment than P90x3, so that & the pull-ups are holding me back.

Diana, I didn't do Classical Stretch or my walk after work as I hoped. I was cold & pooped. That's my story, anyway .... Maybe tonight! .... Do you like Leslie's newer Walk to the Hits Party Songs? I like it better than Radio Remixes.

Have a great day!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #14  

Diana- yep, he's went back yesterday.

Eagle River Dee- welcome!!!

Sheramama- Welcome!! I hope you feel better. I injury myself all the time.

Misha- yoga can be a real workout. I've done some intermediate yoga and those classes can be hard for me.

today- rest
Old 01-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #15  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
earlier in the day: The Yoga Solution With Tara Stiles / Yoga for Holiday Meal Digestion
War 3 w/#1 hand weights
Lindsay Brin's 10 Minute Hiit Cardio

Misha I really like the Party Songs DVD. I don't have the other one. I looked at the timeline at Collage. I decided on Party Songs because the miles are faster. There is something that I don't like about the workout, though. They stop to stretch and then announce the 3 miles. I think the 3 miles should be up before they stop to stretch. I'm not sure if that's a error or if they are just counting the time. I think the next time I will continue to jog or walk until they announce the 3 miles.

Teacher Do you have any teaching days coming up?

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!