View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #27
ecdcslim
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/134/137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal75 View Post
Hello - I'm thinking about doing the Ideal Protein diet. I'm 5' 6", 140 lbs, looking to lose 10-15 lbs (fat - keep muscle) so I can resume working out, re-set my body and eat clean. I've been doing a clean eating diet since Jan. 6 with 4-5 workouts a week with a new trainer. I haven't lost weight or inches, in fact I feel bigger and always bloated/full. I eat only whole foods, no grains, no gluten, no artificial sweetners, little dairy (greek yogurt & half/half 1tsp in coffee), veggies, lean protein, and good fats (nuts, nut butters, avocado, coconut oil/olive oil).
I'm really stuck and not sure what to do. I've talke with the LP coaches, but wonder if a) it's unbearable to follow since you can't workout; b) does the weight truly stay off; c) is it safe?
Thanks.
Please avail yourself of all the literature about the protocol on the Stickies. IP works, it's got over 20 years of research and positive results behind it. You will lose fat, not muscle. As for working out, you can start back to weight training after the 3rd week - need to add a packet on the days you weight train. I started right back after my 3rd weigh-in, working out 2-3 times a week with a trainer. You can't do a lot of cardio - no intervals on the cross trainer for 40 mins, etc as you will just not have enough calories to support that.