Old 01-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #1  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Default January WW Chat

Happy New Year!!!

This is a place where we can chat about our January challenges and successes.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #2  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

I am excited to start the new year. I am going to stick to the plan and eat the way the plan was designed and see what can happen in a month. I know what a wonderful feeling it is to see the numbers on the scale change and I believe it's better than eating food.
I am also getting addicted to exercise and love the feeling I have after finishing my visit to the gym for the day.
I have been learning to not let things that use to make me react to people no longer have that control over me. This is something that has been many years in coming. I'm going to be the one to help my daughter also achieve her weight loss goal and what a pair we will be this summer.
Thanks for starting this page I look forward to this month and new year.
finale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

I am also going to try my best to stick to the plan. I somehow managed to maintain my ten pound loss through the holidays and hope to start losing again. I am hoping the accountability of checking in on this ww site weekly will help.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #4  
Goal is health

Yeah, December was not a good month for me. I was not on plan at all... Ready to start fresh.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #5  
Goal is health

I'm very glad to be starting back tomorrow. I just feel terrible with the way I ate the month of December. 2014 will be a great, healthy year.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #6  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Hi All and Happy New Year. Thanks for starting this thread. I started Jan. 1. I know WW works and I know it is very healthy. I have used older plans with success and I am liking the Power Foods approach. I am going to try to eat only Power Foods and I think that is the best of all plans. I am also tracking my points, because I know I have to be honest and not play food games. I am doing the "at home" with the etools and using the iPhone app. I love it. I don't love the boards and challenges on the WW site, they are all over the place. 3FC is a much more personal environment.

My goal is to lose 50 lbs in 50 weeks. That would be next Christmastime. I know I can do it.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/190/140

Height: 5'4"

Serenity100, I really like your goal for 2014! I will incorporate something like that in my 2014 goals.

All the best to everyone in this new year!
SharShar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:07 AM   #8  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hello all. I'm restarting back on WW after eating and drinking my way up to 170ish after having been 157lbs for a hot minute.

I'm so excited about starting back tomorrow and getting rid of the regain plus more! I will be restarting the 30 Day Shred slowly and doing the elliptical couple times a week in addition to my PT knee exercises (I hurt my knee doing Insanity, it was def a big part of my regain since I couldn't exercise and yada yada.)

Wishing everyone the best for this year and this month!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #9  
Never Giving Up

The first day of Spring is March 20th. My goal is to be 100% within points everyday until then, no excuses. (Since I have no big events or holidays that would interfere, it is very doable)

Tomorrow I am going out for lunch. I decided that I would definitely have one glass of wine 5 points, and then either a salad or a veggie burger with no bun. I honestly don't care about the food now.

I tried some new power foods, quinoa, which is I really enjoyed. And Kale chips which didn't look like anything tasty, but wow, if you want a little crunch and some salt, plus you get those vitamins. Try looking at the recipes.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

I'm back too. I was not home for several days as I was staying with my son and DIL helping with the new Little Prince. I must say he is the cutest baby born anywhere, at any time -- not that I'm biased or anything.

It's interesting staying at someone else's house and having free access to snoop through their refrigerator and pantry. It's obvious they are not in the habit of cooking -- they have very few of what I consider the basics -- no eggs, no vegetables, etc. It's good to be home where I have control!
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #11  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynredd View Post
I'm back too. I was not home for several days as I was staying with my son and DIL helping with the new Little Prince. I must say he is the cutest baby born anywhere, at any time -- not that I'm biased or anything.

It's interesting staying at someone else's house and having free access to snoop through their refrigerator and pantry. It's obvious they are not in the habit of cooking -- they have very few of what I consider the basics -- no eggs, no vegetables, etc. It's good to be home where I have control!
on your new Grandson!

I think that having all the basics in the house such as fresh veggies, and fresh fruits, fat free cheeses, all kinds of power foods is the secret to success. But it is a lot of planning and preparation too. I am trying to make all my meal plans for the week, and then go to the grocery store to stock up. I used to be like your son, cause when you work, and then come home, you are exhausted, and then you forgot to plan, and have nothing put processed foods to eat. Even a WW frozen meal is not that healthy to eat, but I guess its good to have a few on hand for emergencies.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #12  
I got this

I really like your 100% until Spring goal, Serenity! Curious, does that mean you will or will not be using weeklies for that goal? How was your lunch? I've yet to try quinoa. How did you prepare it?

Congrats on your new addition to the family, ladynredd. I totally hear ya on having more control at home!

We are snowed in today so I will be making some sort of veggie soup soon and pot roast with some veggies and potatoes in the crockpot for dinner later on. I will be doing a little bit of the elliptical today and some arm weights today. After that, curl up with some blankets and movies with BF. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-05-2014, 04:29 PM   #13  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
I really like your 100% until Spring goal, Serenity! Curious, does that mean you will or will not be using weeklies for that goal? How was your lunch? I've yet to try quinoa. How did you prepare it?
Hi Amandie, I am just going to give it my all, stay within my points range. I don't plan on using my weeklies on a regular basis because I want to lose at least one pound a week. I don't swap my APs either. Maybe when I get to maintenance that is a different story. Others might have better outcomes when they use all the extras and swap the activity points.

I do think that the extra points and the activity points are good to use when you go to a very special event or on vacation, very occasionally. I know how my body responds, and if I am not diligent, I my body hangs onto every last ounce. lol
I chose the Spring date, cause that is enough time to see what kind of results I can get going 100% but it doesn't feel "forever".

The quinoa is very easy to prepare. I followed the directions exactly, except I substituted low salt vegetable broth instead of water. Quinoa is very mild tasting, it was a good change instead of brown rice.

Last edited by Serenity100; 01-05-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:51 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

Happy new year y'all!
I am starting fresh too! I fallen off the wagon months ago and I havent been here like forever and I miss chatting with you guys. Update. Well I have been single for so many years and last June 2013 I finally met my man so ever since been eating out and drinking. Let say I am happy since I met him and thats when I fell off the WW wagon. But I did try to stay within points but some days I feel lazy and in love hahaha.
Anyway I am back and back with motivation and determination. I started yesterday again with WW and been tracking deligently. I am an active woman. I love going to the gym but lately as I said been lazy doing stuff. So last night I ordered my Shaun T workout dvd. The new one, focus T25 (I have done insanity before and I did not want to do that all over again. Insanity killed me! But I did lose weight and got toned). So I am excited with that and hopefully I shred this weight gain again (gained 15 lbs since June )
So good luck to me!!!

Yup I looked at my ticker and that 176 lbs was last June.

Last edited by myfavisblue; 01-06-2014 at 02:07 AM.
myfavisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:37 AM   #15  
I got this

Sounds good, Serenity100! Wishing you luck on your goal! I will have to try quinoa sometime soon.

Welcome back and happy new year to you too, myfavisblue! I hear ya on the new relationship gains, lol. You're awesome for doing Insanity! 2 weeks in the program, I hurt my knee when I fell on my butt doing those floor touches a little too fast. I'm sticking with Jillian, lol! I've heard good things about T25. Let us know how you get on!

I did good this weekend up until last night... I got into the Christmas chocolate. I didn't do much damage, thankfully. I gave all the chocolate to the BF for himself to have and asked him to keep it in the basement. The big pot of veggie soup I made (broccoli, celery, onions, cauliflower and 4 small potatoes) was so good, especially in this frigid weather we are having. I should have roasted the broccoli and cauliflower first for more flavor, next time for sure. To avoid me going choco-loco like I did last night, I decided to make a (somewhat healthy) Black Forest cake- healthy devil's food cake from scratch (less than half was used with real sugar and the other Splenda, also used white whole wheat flour to boost fiber), dream whip with 2% milk and SF cherry pie filling, yum!

Last edited by amandie; 01-07-2014 at 12:40 AM.