Old 01-27-2014, 12:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/see ticker/135 (HW210-220)

Height: 5'5'' (technically 5'5.4'' but whos counting lol)

Default Its spring & Im terrified of little girls…(girl scout rant)

Its that time of year, spring and I am terrified of little girls…little girl scouts to be exact. Those little jerks with their delicious cookies they hoard all year to make you go nuts right before you have to get into short, bathing suits and dresses. I know in a few more weeks I can not go to large gathering areas (malls, grocery stores, outside, work). Im just being silly but i know theres someone out there thats with me on this. Honestly I only like one kind (do-si-do the oatmeal peanut butter ones).

Skinny taste.com i love that site has this pb oatmeal "healthy cookies" recipe i think will kill my do-si-do craving. 2 ripe bananas, 2 tbs pb, 1 cup quick oats.

SO…What are some clever food substitutions you use to combat craving your favs??

selective read: I am back. LONGGG STORY SHORT. I was big, i lost, i gained, i lost, i gained i lost track. But I'm back at it again. I scheduled my first trip (haven't taken a day off ever and I've been working since i was 13/14, never been outside the us) so I'm doing it for my 25th b day and so I wanted to break another first by wearing my first ever 2 piece bathing suit. Yes, i know 5-10 lbs won't make much a difference but its my psycho girl brain that thinks its the difference between precious and beyonce...so leave me alone!(and cheer me on hehe).

Last edited by curlyfroyo; 01-27-2014 at 12:53 AM. Reason: add pic
curlyfroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:04 AM   #2  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Do you like eating cookie dough right out of the bowl? I do. =D A few years ago a good friend of my brought me this cookie dough dip that she was eating with animal crackers, but you could eat it just off the spoon like normal cookie dough. I have yet to make it myself, but I promise, it is so so yummy and if you need a sweet snack that taste like something you would be guilty for this is what I would go with. I totally plan on making this for myself soon.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

You'll never guess what the main ingredient is. Chickpeas! But I promise you can't taste it. She also has a sweetener free version that she has a link for on that post where she sweetens the dip with dates rather than sugar or another traditional sugar substitute.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 157/see ticker/135 (HW210-220)

Height: 5'5'' (technically 5'5.4'' but whos counting lol)

kailpea that looks amazing! I'm trying to decide whether to make the blondie version or the dip….hmmm
curlyfroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

KAILPEA.

I just made Chocolate Covered Katie's black bean brownies recipe this weekend, and I AM DYING to try that dip!!!!!

Below are my Black Bean Brownies from that same website's recipe:

They taste pretty damn rocksauce if I do say so myself.

Curly:
Good for you for looking for healthy substitutes to combat those evil little cookie handlers. For me, it's all about moderation issues, which I'm FINALLY getting a handle on after I read this book. (A book which I'm pimping like mad now.)
I ate half a red velvet muffin the other day. HALF OF A MUFFIN. It's like I'm magical.

But defo check out that "Chocolate Covered Katie" chick's website. She's got insanely amazing looking stuff on there, and the brownies were a big win at work. Even with people who looked at me like I was crazypants when I said the words "black beans."
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/210/155

I totally already got guilted into buying some. I'm planning on giving them away to a friend or something. Those little girl scouts are brutal!

I agree with the above suggestions, Chocolate Covered Katie does have some good dessert ideas!
amerrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Jelbb- OMG that looks delicious!!

kailpea- I've never heard of that website, thanks for sharing it! I'll definitely have to check that out.

Now don't hate me, anyone, but I don't even like Girl Scout cookies! They got rid of my favorite ones (the lemon cream sandwich cookie), and I'm not really a fan of the others. So I have no problem saying no to cute little girls in pigtails!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:52 AM   #7  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

Aaaagh nothing beats a Samoa (or whatever they're called nowadays). =P I can still try and look like a poor college kid though, so hopefully the girls won't guilt me too much. Haha. Probably going to avoid the places I know they'll be selling. Walmart is always a popular place.
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote