Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Alternatives-accountability & motivation

Due to costs-I am going to go on alternatives but I am scared to do so
because I will lose my motivational daily videos and my weekly accountability with my coach. However that's a lot of $ for a weekly weigh and measure and a daily video. How do those of you on alternatives deal with accountability and motivation?
Old 01-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default 10 Motivators

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
because I will lose my motivational daily videos and my weekly accountability with my coach. However that's a lot of $ for a weekly weigh and measure and a daily video. How do those of you on alternatives deal with accountability and motivation?
1.Put yourself first -
2.Put a picture of your family, pet, favorite vacation spot (or all 3) on the fridge door...
3.Read and know more about what you are doing than anyone you might have a chat with about this..
4.Get a daily fix or more from 3FCs..(Required..just like the vitamins)
5.Reread #1
6. Get the next smallest size of jeans
and hang them on the back of the bathroom door. You'll know when to try them on.
7. Promise self a manicure (or some other non food) reward after your first solo weigh in and after a whole week on your own..
8.Reread #1
9. Try on those jeans if you haven't yet done it...
10. Post your progress on 3FCs!!! We will celebrate with you! BIG TIME!

One more..
11. (I lied.... more than 10......reread #1 as needed)

Last edited by 65X65; 01-06-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #3  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

All of those things that Mrs.Kathie said.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Important... #12

Thank-you Nola...
And number 12......get to know us all..!!

When you find yourself wishing you could have a cup of (black) coffee...(plain)herb tea...or (plain) water or club soda with lemon...at a sit down with any or all of us...you will know you're gonna make it!

Nola has great stories and a wowser job...which keeps her so busy......and is rockin' the success these days! Lisa has great advice, loads of experience and is living proof.. Schenctedy is so honest and sincere you just want to hug her...she understands any and everything someone else is going through and is dedicated and seeing the results now, and Ruth Ann..well she is just a pillar and great example..!! Also..she is just about at 100 lbs of success these days! Dak is amazing...LOOK at her picture!! And there are many many more. You will find the best people here. Ones who are honest because they have a right to be...not because they are self righteous. We will kick you in the behind...yank you off the ledge.., and do the happy dance when you are excited....and we only expect you to do the same for us!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-06-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Good morning. What a lovely thread!! May I join? I so agree that self care is soooo important.

I am doing IP this time with alternatives and without my DH. He wants to restart with me but his temp job is super physical and he was getting sick from low blood sugar. So he is still doing carbs until the season is over. The first time was sooooo much easier. And he really is super supportive. But sometimes he forgets the little things. Like leaving the big costco bag of dried mangoes open on the counter... But I'm glad he is supportive and will be joining me when able.

Taking care of myself today. A rare day off. Cleaned off the flat surfaces in the laundry room that tend to accumulate stuff and organizing for a trip to drop stuff off at thrift store. Settling in with a good book.

Glad you are all here. We are sooooo worth it!!!!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #6  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Good morning. What a lovely thread!! May I join? I so agree that self care is soooo important.

I am doing IP this time with alternatives and without my DH. He wants to restart with me but his temp job is super physical and he was getting sick from low blood sugar. So he is still doing carbs until the season is over. The first time was sooooo much easier. And he really is super supportive. But sometimes he forgets the little things. Like leaving the big costco bag of dried mangoes open on the counter... But I'm glad he is supportive and will be joining me when able.

Taking care of myself today. A rare day off. Cleaned off the flat surfaces in the laundry room that tend to accumulate stuff and organizing for a trip to drop stuff off at thrift store. Settling in with a good book.

Glad you are all here. We are sooooo worth it!!!!
I too am doing this reboot on 100% alternatives. I ordered 5 weeks worth of packages from NN for $193! I got all my supplements at Target for about $40. I am 15 pounds above goal weight (but still down 60)…I am determined to be back at goal by 35 days.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:08 PM   #7  
I WILL make it this time!

S/C/G: 247/195/180

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default Alts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I too am doing this reboot on 100% alternatives. I ordered 5 weeks worth of packages from NN for $193! I got all my supplements at Target for about $40. I am 15 pounds above goal weight (but still down 60)…I am determined to be back at goal by 35 days.
Darb, what did you order for alts? I am now switching to alternatives, but am clueless as to what to buy from Nashua. help me please?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Hey Tony, I've done almost my entire program on Alternatives. Here's my "shopping list": I hope this helps.

Proti-Diet:
Chocolate Drink (MY FAVE-DRINK IT EVERY DAY WITH MY COFFEE)
Peach Mango Drink
Wild Berry Drink
Fruit Drink
Cool Rasberry Drink
Pink Lemonade Drink
Chicken Noodle Soup (MY FAVE-HAVE IT MOST DAYS FOR LUNCH)
Beef Vegetable Soup
Tomato Basil Soup
Spagatini with Rosee
Chili
Oatmeal Maple Brown Sugar (VERY TASTY)
Crisps: White Cheddar, BBQ, Chipolte (CHIPOLTE IS MY FAVE!)

HealthSmart:
Carmel Crunch Bar (MY ULTIMATE FAVE –HAVE ONE EVERY NIGHT FOR SNACK)

And remember...if you order more than $150 worth of food, ask for your free shaker in the Notes field.
Also, if you sign up for the Lifelong Dieter's Club, you will get 10% off every order (it will cost $29.99 initially, but it's well worth it). You request that in the same Notes field you ask for the free shaker...on the page just before you hit that final "Place Order" button.

Last edited by Suchawittygal; 01-07-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #9  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

I agree with all the wise words above. I've lost the weight with alternatives and the knowledge & support & motivation from 3FCs. I don't post a lot, but read through the threads daily. I just got disgusted with myself and how I looked...there is so much more to life and I wanted to feel comfortable in my own skin. Low carb has become a way of life and I'm not looking back!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #10  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Products I order:

Proti-Diet Zesty Veg Chili, Cream of Veg & Cream of Mushroom Soup and Broccoli Cheese - I make multiple servings in a cast iron pot, sweating down onions, mushrooms, peppers, chard, kale, celery, etc first then adding mix & liquid. Bring to a boil. I make pancakes from the Maple Oatmeal and use the plain pancake mix to make fritters out of salmon, zucchini, etc.

Quest Cinnamon Roll Quest Bar - daily for breakfast

Pure Protein RTD Shakes from COSTCO

Hope this helps!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

I order from Nashua. In Protidiet I like the maple oatmeal, the chocolate and vanilla puddings, the white cheddar and chipotle crisps. My favorite bar is Honey Almond but also like Vanilla Wafer. DH loves the chocolate raspberry bar.

Love quest chocolate chip cookie dough bar, cinnamon roll bar and apple pie bar, but for me, these tickle the carb dragon, and I really don't like to mess with him!!!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Tony I have tried about every alt there is. People tastes are different, I know when I used the IP products, I just loved the Dill Pickle Zippers and my coach said that I was the only one, so she wasn't ordering them anymore, so I bought the whole case. lol.

One thing I really, really love from NN is the Protidiet Chocolate Dream Bar, I never feel deprived of chocolate if they are in the house (even if I don't eat one, I know they are there) I think they taste just like a Nestle Crunch.

I religiously use EAS chocolate shakes with a cup of flavored coffee in the morning, it is quick & easy ( it is like a mocha) mmmmm Good Luck to you

Last edited by Bellamack; 01-07-2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: spell
Old 01-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #13  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Maybe you could wean yourself off. Instead of a weekly accountability session, how about seeing that person once a month. Do it for a fixed period determined in advance and then go it alone. Or go fortnightly if you think the jump to a month is too big.
I think you could quit the videos and use this site instead.

I am basically self-motivated and probably haven't got much else to add to what others are saying. Its about find ways to keep your motivation and mood up.

Maybe allocate some time everyday for positive motivational self talk. I don't do this. It just occurred to me.

But i am struggling with procrastination at the moment and am creating all sorts of little tricks as i go along to keep me moving foreword. I think we have to learn to do that with weight loss.

Maybe take a class in healthy cooking.
Get a book out of the library about nutrition. Get another one.
I find learning to be really motivating.

Join a local walking group. Or some other local group for companionship and encouragement. Keep trying unit you find one you like.

Take up yoga in a classroom setting.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Default You found the right group

I have been on alternatives since the start. And after trying many other diets with their "support groups", I have found great success with IP and the support here at 3FC. I think there are many people in my "casual commenter" status. I log on every day, but not necessarily comment. Great for motivation (especially the before & after pics--can't wait to post my final ones) and support. Best of luck on your journey.

And did I mention I love the strings with "what are you eating today"? Gives me great ideas to keep things fresh.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #15  
Started 1/2/13

S/C/G: 276/ticker/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
Mckaren4, this is a good topic. I've only been on IP using alternatives for 6 days but I think of it as a recovering addict would think about sobriety...1 day at a time. Getting through each day staying 100% on the program is an achievement for me. Maybe it can help if you think of it that way. Wishing you much success.

For other posting about alternative products, I have been drinking EAS shakes and BariWise products (only tried diet protein puddings, chocolate marshmallow protein bars and cream of broccoli protein diet soup so far) from dietdirect.com. Has anyone else tried these products? I'm hoping they are appropriate as alternatives.
Closed Thread