mainecyn
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

First name (if you want to tell): Cynthia
Meaning of user name: Originally from state of Maine and my nickname

Geographical location: Wyoming

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 5 kids. 1 boy in 7th grade (whos bday is today actually), another son who is a freshmen, a daughter who is also a freshmen, and two other daughters, one is a junior, the other a senior.

Occupation: School District- answer phones, attend meetings, plan bus routes, in charge of personal for transportation department.

Pets: 2 dogs in the house that are not mine a border collie and a pom. My husband has adopted stay kittens in the neighborhood. We have been feeling what appears to be 3 generations of cats now (all outside).

Interests: Writing, reading, movies, music, over thinking and stressing

Height: 5'5 1/2

Eye/Hair Color: naturally Red color it reddish brown. Green Eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July of 2010

Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 228/181/150

Problem: Binge eating

Plan/Way of Eating Calorie counting (have trouble remembering to do this!), non-processed foods, low carb but could be compared to a paleo diet being natural foods? I have a binge eating disorder. I have been trying to figure this out and deal with it all of my adult life. I held it at bay once for 2 years, and somehow it returned. I am still trying to get it back under control and over come it. I know no one else in my real life that has any eating disorder, so I searched the internet for others that understand. Family, and co-workers only see a person who has lost almost 100 lbs on her own and kept most of it off. They don't have any idea I am a binge eater.

Favorite exercise Walking and more walking listening to ipod. I do have a stability ball I want to start using.

Favorite movies: To many to mention as my husband and I are movie buffs and watch at least one movie a night.

Favorite books/plays: Jane Erye, Huckleberry Finn, Diary of Adam and Eve, mystery series (Bones, Sue Grafton, Patrica Cromwell, and so many others. I can't narrow down to just a few. I loved the play 12 angry men, Our Town, I actually enjoyed Shakespeare, Homer, I read David Copperfield a million times, The wisdom of The Cat in the Hat.

Music: I listen to everything but have a great knowledge of music from the late 60's and 70's even though I wasn't even around in the 60's and I was a baby born in 1973.

Favorite Quote(s): "If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." -- Mark Twain. “There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.” ~ Salvador Dali. I could go on and on and on, but let me try to keep this at a manageable level.

I love this one!

01. What is your favorite word? acceptance

02. What is your least favorite word? "whatnot" I have a co-worker who uses this word in every single sentence every day and I have listened to it for 8 years.

03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

04. What turns you off? ignorance, inequality, mean people in general, greed

05. What is your favorite curse word? ****

06. What sound or noise do you love? the ocean

07. What sound or noise do you hate? alarm clock at 4 a.m.

08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? unsure

09. What profession would you not like to do? politician, prison guard

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I accept you for who you are, not who you think you are

Any other tidbits you would like to share:

My husband is 11 years older than I am and is originally from California. I am from Maine, lived there my entire life until I came to Wyoming the day after graduating high school. The majority age difference doesn't matter and only occasionally do our views differ due to regions where we grew up. I see the ocean as a way to work and make a living, he has only fun memories of hanging out at the beach all day.

I have lived in Wyoming since 1991. I have been in this city since attending college, yet I have no "outside" friends. I have my family and my husband. I have found the internet a lifeline and it makes people feel more connected and less lonely (when used correctly).

I am on the board of directors at our local food bank. I have been volunteering there for 4 years.

I have driven bus, have a cd yet I didn't learn to drive a vehicle until I was 26 years old and got a license. However, l captained a lobster boat since teenage years and grew up on the ocean, and yet I have self esteem issues.

I am a mother to 5, two "natural" and 3 step kids. My husband and I met in college back in 1991, were classmates. I remember him as the partner who skipped the day our oral presentation was due. I never forgot him. Fast forward 18 years later and we met again after years of just saying high in the grocery store. We have been married 5 years now and they are the happiest years I have had.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote