General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #1  

Default Most/Least tempting carb food for you?

Question - I'm sure that overall there might be trends or not, but I am curious for you as an individual - what forms of "carb food" do you find most/least tempting?
These are the categories I can come with off the top of my head, but please feel free to list whatever I may have missed -
White Bread, White rice, regular potatoes, regular pasta, whole grain Bread, brown rice, sweet potatoes and whole grain pasta
I feel most tempted towards whole grain bread (like the real whole grain stuff!), and whole grain pasta tempts me the least. All the other categories are moderately tempting, all about the same degree. Oddly enough all of these rank as more tempting to me than sweets!!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

White flour pasta and noodles for me, especially combined with cheese.

I think cheese ravioli is #1. BF makes this sometimes and it's like a runaway train.

Link to a picture of cheese ravioli

Last edited by krampus; 01-28-2014 at 11:44 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/146

Height: 5'7''

I'm pretty much in a constant state of craving pizza, but I ignore it because I just don't know moderation. Also, same as krampus, white flour pasta is also hard to avoid (or avoid going overboard)
Melonlefey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

anything sweet is hard for me to pass up and it's followed closely by pizza....i think those are interchangeable for me as the most tempting things with carbs
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonlefey View Post
I'm pretty much in a constant state of craving pizza, but I ignore it because I just don't know moderation. Also, same as krampus, white flour pasta is also hard to avoid (or avoid going overboard)
If you're willing to eat some carbs, have you ever tried using a flatout light as a pizza crust? The entire single serving pizza can be anywhere from 200-350 calories with all of your toppings depending on what you put on them. The bread itself is only 90 calories, has 9 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber, and can be topped with any traditional pizza toppings, bbq chicken, buffalo chicken, etc. Here is a link with a recipe with calorie count.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Height: 5'5"

Most tempting - White pasta, salty chips & fries. I could eat it all day, every day, no stopping till I'm sick. No prob.

Least - White cake & icing (i.e generic pound/birthday cake or cupcakes etc.) Probably tied with hard candies, gum drops and jelly beans. Do not like 'em at all.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

I too have constant pizza cravings and have had them for as long as I can remember. I don't like pasta actually so that would be the least for me.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Most tempting- white bread, definitely. Least tempting...any form of rice lol.
I'm not a big sugary food eater. Unless it's an ice cream cake from DQ, then yes!

I'm a huge bread fan. I'd go to Panera (not lately, of course) and get a soup in a bread bowl, eat the side baguette and probably most of the bowl.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Pizza and store-bakery yellow cake with white frosting are probably my two biggest downfalls. I scour the reduced rack at my local market because if they have older sheet cakes, they slice them and sell them by the slice. I will buy a slice, then sit in their cafe with a cup of coffee.......when I am being very, very, very good, I stay away from the bakery and its reduced rack! But, this is actually much better than when I would buy a small birthday cake and eat the entire thing.

Nothing but pizzeria thin-crust pizza satisfies my pizza cravings. I have tried to make low calorie versions, and I have bought every frozen diet pizza I have ever seen for sale - - NONE satisfy my craving for the real thing.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #10  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

I don't think I have a least.. I am a carboholic.
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avezy44 View Post
I don't think I have a least.. I am a carboholic.
^same here!^

I've basically given up carbs (for now) I've even stopped with fruit...If I had to pick a least, I'd say pasta, but its more like which carb do you find the least addicting (but still addicting) most...bread, whole grain yes, homemade, omg...I stopped making it homemade for now because like I said no carb for now and could not NOT take a bite!!!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Most tempting to me are potatoes and pizza. Least is probably white bread.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #13  

Quote:
store-bakery yellow cake with white frosting are probably my two biggest downfalls
YES. I thought I was the only one!!!!!!!!
Home made cake, or fancy pastries from locally sourced ingredients? nope...totally tempted by the generic grocery store yellow cake with white frosting even though I know that I can bake something that tastes better. Don't get it.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #14  

Least tempting although i still like them: probably pasta, rice, potatoes

Most tempting? Just about all but i'd kill for a huge slice of warm bread dripping with butter (i try to relatively low carb it so i mostly don't have bread except for Fridays - my free day), and i love ALL cakes, cookies, brownies, etc. etc. etc. LOL
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I have a weakness for sugary sweets: cake, cookies, candy, pie, ice cream. They are definitely my most tempting. I do not like sweet potatoes or yams, so they would be my least tempting.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote