Old 01-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #1  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Christian Encouragers~January, '14

Welcome Friends
--------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Praying all of you have a wonderful 2014 & that God blesses you with health, happiness, and all you need! I'm so thankful for this group and even though last year hit hard with the losses of dear friends, I know God will help us grow together.

Prayers going up for all requests. God bless you all and have a great day!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #3  
wishin' for sun!

Well, gosh, it's quiet here. We're having very cold temps, plus some snow over the last few days. School for Monday (the first day back after break) has already been cancelled because the HIGH temperature is supposed to be -15 with wind chills around -50. DS3 is supposed to be driving back to college then also, but, he doesn't have classes until Wed., so I think he'll stay here until Tuesday, when it's supposed to be a little warmer, around -8, I guess.

Getting back on my better eating plan. I didn't do too badly over Christmas, but did eat too many sweets and carbs, so I'm focusing on lowering my carb intake. Overall, I gained 2 pounds from Thanksgiving through New Year's Day, but I'm ok with that--in years past, I've gained 10 or more in that same time period! I'm disappointed to realize that I only lost 11 pounds last year, but it was a learning year for me. It's been quite difficult learning how to cook with no wheat, gluten, or dairy and I'm still experimenting a LOT. But, I'm finding that I feel much better when I keep the carbs low, particularly grains (like rice flour, etc), so I'm going to focus on low carb for now.

Well, hope you all are doing ok. Have a great weekend & God bless!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: (HW:195) 185/182/148

Height: 5'10"

Hi, there.

I have been on this site for a few weeks in the Chicks In Control area. I saw this group at the end of last month but thought I'd wait until the New Year to post; so, here I am.

Blessings to you all in Christ Jesus.

J.
Jubilee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee77 View Post
Hi, there.

I have been on this site for a few weeks in the Chicks In Control area. I saw this group at the end of last month but thought I'd wait until the New Year to post; so, here I am.

Blessings to you all in Christ Jesus.

J.
Welcome and blessings to you.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #6  
wishin' for sun!

Jubilee77- Glad to have you here!

Hello to everyone else too! The arctic blast has definitely arrived. We even have ice on the inside of some of the window plastic we have to put up every year. Glad I don't have to go anywhere today. DH did go to work (working in the electric industry leaves little choice in that), but the DS's don't have to go to school. Even the college cancelled classes for tomorrow, which would have been their first day back from break, so DS2 doesn't have to make that 3 hour drive in this cold. He has an ok car, but sure hate to take the chance that it breaks down and he's stranded somewhere out in nowhere-land. But, of course, today we need to get all his stuff together to head back-more than usual, as the graduate he was sharing an apartment with finally found a job, but it's farther away, so he moved out, taking everything. DS2 thought he was having a wedding shower at Christmas, because we got him stuff he needs to live alone in an apartment-dishes, silverware, mixing bowls, etc….it was kinda funny He already has all the 'man' stuff, like the playstation and tv. The rooomie may have left him a couch if the landlord wanted to buy it from him, but DS2 doesn't know for sure yet if there's any furniture at all, except his bed and desk, when he gets back. It'll be an interesting semester. Anyway, it's his last semester, so he's just looking forward to getting done, getting that diploma, and, hopefully, getting a job. We have advised him not to give up his Walmart job, as it's a good fall-back if nothing pans out right away in his degree. He might even be able to get into their management training program, as he's been a really good employee, so we'll just see what the next few months bring.

Well, not much else to talk about. Must really get the Christmas decos put away, but DS3 protested when I mentioned that. He'd leave the tree up all year if we'd allow it. He just loves Christmas! He's 17 now and still gets teary when we put all the decos away.

God bless you all and have a warm day!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: (HW:195) 185/182/148

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

I'm trying to get the tree and decorations down and put away, too. My kids are young, so they were singing a farewell to each ornament. The singing process was all a bit laborious, but better than dealing with three criers!

Hope it gets warmer for you soon, ronni62, and that your family stays safe throughout the cold! I wish I could send some of our warm (too warm, if you ask me) weather your way.

Jubilee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #8  
wishin' for sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee77 View Post
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

I'm trying to get the tree and decorations down and put away, too. My kids are young, so they were singing a farewell to each ornament. The singing process was all a bit laborious, but better than dealing with three criers!

Hope it gets warmer for you soon, ronni62, and that your family stays safe throughout the cold! I wish I could send some of our warm (too warm, if you ask me) weather your way.

Singing farewell to the ornaments just gave me a chuckle! Hope you got all put away. I have to start on that today. It is warmer today-above 0º already and only 8 AM! I guess it's supposed to get to 8º and then into the 20's for the rest of the week! How old are your kids? Mine are old..17, 21, and a step-son who's 32, with 4 kids, ages 5,7, 14, 15 (the older ones are step-children of his).

DS2 is back at college for his last and final semester…of course, until he decides to go back for a Master's degree, but hoping he gets a job this summer and they can help fund further schooling

Needing to go to town, but going to try to wait until tomorrow when it will be 'warmer.' We sent our microwave with DS2, so going to have to replace that asap. I find it unbelievable how dependent we are on that device, when Mom didn't get her first one until I was in high school and I didn't even have my own until after college---yep…my roommate and I cooked & reheated everything on a gas stove and no microwave at all…they were way too expensive back then for college girls' budgets! LOL! Now, my son is wondering why we think he needed cooking and kitchen supplies for his apartment….he still just heads over to the campus cafeteria to eat. We told him that now is as good a time as any to learn to plan out your meals and cooking time, because in 5 more months, the college cafeteria won't be an option and you can't afford to eat out all the time…dollar-wise or health-wise…He's still not convinced:roll eyes:

Well, need to go roll DS3 out of bed and get him started on his homeschool work. We're having trouble getting back into the groove since everything has been delayed due to the public school closings and weather. But, it's got to be back to the ole' grindstone now!

Take care and have a great day!
Old 01-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Not sure how much I'll be around, but since I'm browsing through would like to say hi!
<3
Praying for my walk with God, my healing through depression, and my husband.

Hope you're having a blessed day!
~Becky
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #10  

Hi Becky,

Prayers for you for a way through this depression, i know how you feel. God give her wisdom and healing!

Prayers for everyone that "sparkles" (as my friend and i say and ask God for come in abundance in the New Year.
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #11  

Thanks, Susie. <3 <3

Ronnie, doesn't it feel downright balmy after last week?
Yes, that is good advice - i didn't get my first "degree" job until quite a while after graduation. It's hard to be persistent but I'll be praying for the right job to find him soon.

God is good. My husband prayed this morning over me of his own initiative... what a blessing. <3
Old 01-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Been a long time since got on here . I moved my office to outside and had no heater and my notebook ,would just love to give it to my worst enemy. Got me a heater this morning and it is a dandy , keeps me warm. Hope all is doing alright, we have lambs being born right and left. Had two Mamas not want their lambs one does not have enough milk and the other always had girls and she had a boy, big one too. Guess since it was a boy she decided something was wrong with it. Gave it to this lady and she put it with her baby goat which could not walk and it is up walking and playing with her new buddy, is that not the Lord working!

Last edited by Bootsie; 01-13-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
Been a long time since got on here . I moved my office to outside and had no heater and my notebook ,would just love to give it to my worst enemy. Got me a heater this morning and it is a dandy , keeps me warm. Hope all is doing alright, we have lambs being born right and left. Had two Mamas not want their lambs one does not have enough milk and the other always had girls and she had a boy, big one too. Guess since it was a boy she decided something was wrong with it. Gave it to this lady and she put it with her baby goat which could not walk and it is up walking and playing with her new buddy, is that not the Lord working!
:shine:

Thanks for the smile!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #14  
wishin' for sun!

Bootsie- LOL! Love your stories about your critters!

Not much going on here…it's just too cold to do much. Did get out to do grocery shopping today, so I don't have to go out in the snowstorm they say we're going to get tomorrow. Friday evening our church is starting some new small group fellowships, so our group is getting together to have a dinner and start the study. I think they put all of us with dietary issues in the same group…we were all talking about who's making what and whether it's wheat-free, dairy-free, etc etc. It's actually kind of nice to have some people with common problems, so we can work out this kind of detail and not have to take 2 meals-one for the group and one for myself.

Hope you all are having a nice day/week! God bless and everyone keep warm!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone, those of you that know me know I had lost both of my border collies a while back, well now I have a new baby girl, she is red and white will be 10 weeks old this Saturday and I have her downing and working with the rag in teaching her later on with lambs. Her name is Rede or Red Dog at times. She keeps me busy!
It is dessert weather here almost warm in the daytime and freezing at night time.
I am in Outlook Ministry still but also in Made to Crave,starting the 19th of this month, still working on loosing weight, just like housework seems to be always haunting me.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote