Thread: IP Daily Chat
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #20

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
YaY OoJoy! We are the same height and close to the same goal weight. I am wearing 6's, so look forward to that!!
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Thanks! I can't wait to be in 6's; I would love to retire these 12's and 14's like I did my 22's. Hope you feel better!
Clothing sizes can be so fickle. I am the same height as you ladies and am currently in a somewhat loose 14 and can just squeeze into some 12s. Not sure if I'll ever get into a 6 with my body shape (although who knows what will happen in another 30 lbs or so). I try to think of the overall way I look and feel in clothes as my motivator, rather than the actual clothing size.

Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
lighthouse101, being out on a bike in the weather I'm experiencing sounds like pure torture! I hope you had fun.
Yes, it would be awful in some of the cold temps I've been hearing about! I live in a warm climate though, so we can be outside all year round.

All the best for your surgery.

Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Hooray Monday with two celebrations coursing through me joyously:

Made half my goal today, lost 55 with 55 to go but I actually started my quest 81 pounds ago at my highest, and second, today is my 24th wedding anniversary. For my husband's present, I put on a beautiful workout suit he gave me 23 years ago, the first year we were married and I was never able to fit into it. I saved it all those years, determined that somehow, someday, I would wear it again.

Being that I am not a saver, and neither is he, he was incredibly touched that I had saved that all those years, through three kids, moves, house cleanings, whatever.

Moral to the story: NEVER GIVE UP, it is NEVER too late, you can NEVER try too many times, the war is NEVER over!
Congrats on being halfway to goal and on your anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Good morning! So I am now slowly and cautiously making the move to alternatives - the IP packets are just too expensive. I've been OP close to five months and still have 2-3 months to go on P1. I've scoured the alternative threads for information and have been studying nutrition labels, I'm ready to take the plunge - but have one question for you experts out there. How do you calculate the "30% or less calories from fat" ? Here's a label from a carton of Muscle Milk Lite for example.

Calories 100
Fat 2.6 g
Saturated 0.5g
+Trans 0g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 270 mg
Potassium 520 mg
Carbohydrate 5 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 15 g

Based on this - how would you make that calculation?
A gram of fat has 9 calories, so you would multiple the fat grams by 9. That number would have to be 30% or less of the total calories. So in your example, the 2.6 X 9 = 23.4, which is 23.4% of 100 calories - well under the 30%.
That's the way I usually calculate - if anyone knows another way or an easier way, do share!