Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 06:48 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/25 - Sun 1/26/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-25-2014, 07:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Hi, IPers!

I hope you are all having a great morning! I was able to get up early, which felt great.

Thanks to SarahJ86 and mars783 for your responses. It gets frustrating to post in this forum and not have a response. Is that because I am using Alternatives? Should I be posting my "Daily" posts to another thread?

mars783, thanks for the encouragement to talk with my surgeon. I will put some thought in to what I should ask him.

SarahJ86, you make a great point about the hunger induced from medications. That is also something to think about.

Finale, I love your attitude. Thanks for your post about your exercise working well for you. What a great result from talking to the strangers at Ruby Tuesday. I am not sure I would have put the right spin on the situation like you did. That is awesome!

44Forever, wow! That is a terrific loss! I am really happy for you and your progress over the holiday season.

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Hi, IPers!

I hope you are all having a great morning! I was able to get up early, which felt great.

Thanks to SarahJ86 and mars783 for your responses. It gets frustrating to post in this forum and not have a response. Is that because I am using Alternatives? Should I be posting my "Daily" posts to another thread?

mars783, thanks for the encouragement to talk with my surgeon. I will put some thought in to what I should ask him.

SarahJ86, you make a great point about the hunger induced from medications. That is also something to think about.

Finale, I love your attitude. Thanks for your post about your exercise working well for you. What a great result from talking to the strangers at Ruby Tuesday. I am not sure I would have put the right spin on the situation like you did. That is awesome!

44Forever, wow! That is a terrific loss! I am really happy for you and your progress over the holiday season.

Thanks!
NO! This is the exact right place to post. Daily Chat is for ALL people following the IP way of eating whether they use IP products or Alternative to IP products.

Sometimes, especially when there are a lot of posts quickly, people may not see a post (some read all posts, some just skim). Don't be discouraged if you don't get a response.

I just went back and found your post from yesterday. I didn't really see anything specific that needed a response... I mean that you did not ask a question or request an opinion. So I am not sure what "response" you were hoping for. If you do need some specific info or have a question, maybe post that separately so it's easy for everyone to see quickly you are looking for a response.

Last edited by JLUS; 01-25-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good Morning. This cold caused a rough night of sleep, but toward morning I actually felt it break up.

I am going to treat myself to a manicure today. Can you believe I have never had one? I am going to a "Red Carpet" affair for the community theater I volunteer for tonight. I have a new dress(because I had nothing to wear), new shoes(sparkly because they were on clearance), so I thought why not on the nails.

It is actually above freezing today, so we all better enjoy it before next week!
Old 01-25-2014, 08:03 AM   #5  
maintaining since 9/2013

[QUOTE=FutureFitChick;4927830]Hi, IPers!

You're welcome, FutureFit Chick! My experience with surgeons is that they don't have expertise in nutrition but may just know that it is or isn't good idea to restrict calories, fats, carbs. I've done a few diet plans over the years, e.g. WeightWatchers, Jenny Craig, and they always had a bigger food allotment for people who were recovering from surgery.

Speedy recovery to you and hope you'll keep us posted!

Last edited by mars735; 01-25-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:43 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Hi, IPers!

FutureFitChick - I meant to respond to you yesterday and then some "stuff" got in the way (that's life!).

Of course talk to your surgeon, but when I had surgeries last year my surgeon was fine with me staying OP but thought it was a good idea to up my protein just before and after surgery. I had a large hernia, so the surgery was a little different than yours. I was also on a very low fiber diet until things got straightened out and that limited the veggies I could have so, although I was getting 4 cups in, they weren't the most satisfying as far as hunger goes.

So we added an extra unrestricted pack a few days before surgery and then afterwards, when I didn't feel like eating much, the packets were a godsend because they were easy to get down and still kept my protein up. The first couple of days post-surgery I think all I had was 4 packets a day. Protein is very important when you're healing. I even took packets to the hospital with me - so instead of crackers after surgery I took either white cheddar ridges or S&V crisps (I can't remember). Pudding and drinks I could have cold were good too since my throat was sore.

Best of luck with your surgery and do whatever your doctor recommends - IP will still be here when you are done and we'll be here to cheer you on!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all,

Just enjoyed a lovely breakfast of coffee and a cinnamon roll Quest bar. Yum!

Now I'm off to a car show DH wants to go to - we'll go on his motorcycle! That's definitely an NSV, that I can ride on the back of his bike now. Before I lost some of this weight, I felt too uncomfortable and heavy back there - it's a sport bike, so the passenger "seat" isn't really designed to hold a bigger person! Now we can ride together on nice days and I can be his biker gal, which he loves.

Finale, thanks for the post about exercising - still waiting for the energy to kick in, but encouraged that it's happened for you! I will keep at it. Most days I look forward to going to the gym, which is already a big change for me.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #8  

Futurefitchick
Sorry I missed your post yesterday & thanks for trying to reach out again!
You're right, it's only forever if you stick with healthy habits.

To avoid those over indulgences, I suggest making a plan for the day, either the night before or first thing, before you consume anything. I prefer the day before because then I ensure I go have everything I need for success.

Since your surgeries are orthopedic, LOTS of people have had success with being on IP pre/post OP. Your temptation to prep foods ahead-of-time is spot-on! You'll be all set with everything you need. Contrary to popular beliefs we don't need fruit, dairy or grains to survive and MDs know very little about nutrition so really aren't our best go-tos on that front. The 3 main dietary components protein, fat, carbs, are all contained in IP. What you may end up needing is an extra packet while you're healing. I KNOW we've had others who have had orthopedic surgeries. Hopefully they'll chime in with their experience. One gal had knee replacement and just kept-on losing

Use whichever products work best for you. Items from Nashua give you more options but if items readily available in stores work better for you, then do that. We all find that WL slows over time. That is normal. But it can/will slow more if we are not diligent in remaining 100% stuck to the P1 sheet. Little cheats can become bigger before we know it!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Supportive IP'ers

Quote:
Hi, IPers!

Sorry if you did not get the kind if responses that you were hoping for. Sometimes you may just hit a busy day. Sometimes there are people who may have posted just before or after you and if those have specific questions or issues, they may get responses. I know for me that I do not like to answer more than one in a row because then I have several entries in a row and I don't like looking to hog the site. Just me.

I think if I remember your post correctly, it seemed as if your Daily Post yesterday was more of a reflection on your part as opposed to one which was easy to respond to.

In the many months on this site, I have found the fellow IP'ers to be very supportive and informative. I would have had an incredibly hard time without them. Hang in on here and I think you will find the same!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Hi, IPers!

Thanks!
Don't feel slighted..like you I suspect.....lol... Many of us are spending our days chipping ice and shoveling snow. Only to need to do it again the next day. Laundry and groc is on hold occasionally as well....due to the same !
Some of these discussions take days to happen!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #11  

Morning everyone!

Well, off to Mexico tomorrow morning - checked in online and printed the boarding passes this morning. It's getting exciting now, feels more "real". What is also going to feel "real" - the fact that I'll be able to fit in the seats on the plane better. That is going to be a good feeling

P4 has been interesting for me, I think because I know it's only temporary, I'm not really "feeling" it, if that makes any sense. I know when the time comes and I'll be at goal, I'll have to put more effort into planning meals better. For now, I've been doing more P3 than P4 and very much looking forward to getting back at P1.

Also, for the first time in many, many years, I started doing a bit of a "circuit" for exercise. We're doing a Biggest Loser challenge again at work and although I'm not really OP right now for my trip, I still signed up because it will go to mid March. One of the challenges this week was to do 15 minutes of exercise so I spoke to a co-worker who's a personal trainer and she gave me some toning exercises for my arms (something I really wanted to work on). I did those then decided to add in some sit ups and planking. I can't believe that I can actually do sit ups!!! I was a bit stiff and sore the next day but wow - I did 2 reps of 25 each and I can actually do them...amazing for me!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful IP week - keep at it all, the rewards are amazing! I will be back in a week - hopefully a lot more tanned than I am now

Jo
Old 01-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Good Morning. This cold caused a rough night of sleep, but toward morning I actually felt it break up.

I am going to treat myself to a manicure today. Can you believe I have never had one? I am going to a "Red Carpet" affair for the community theater I volunteer for tonight. I have a new dress(because I had nothing to wear), new shoes(sparkly because they were on clearance), so I thought why not on the nails.

It is actually above freezing today, so we all better enjoy it before next week!
You and I share the lack of such treats. I started just last year and I have to add that although a manicure is a special treat, I have become addicted to pedicures. The place I go does a massage as well as heated paraffin wrap for the feet and legs. It is an astonishing relaxation time - there is something in the feet that goes straight to the brain during a massage. If you have time, try that as well!

Last edited by schenectady; 01-25-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Morning everyone!

Well, off to Mexico tomorrow morning - checked in online and printed the boarding passes this morning. It's getting exciting now, feels more "real". What is also going to feel "real" - the fact that I'll be able to fit in the seats on the plane better. That is going to be a good feeling

P4 has been interesting for me, I think because I know it's only temporary, I'm not really "feeling" it, if that makes any sense. I know when the time comes and I'll be at goal, I'll have to put more effort into planning meals better. For now, I've been doing more P3 than P4 and very much looking forward to getting back at P1.

Also, for the first time in many, many years, I started doing a bit of a "circuit" for exercise. We're doing a Biggest Loser challenge again at work and although I'm not really OP right now for my trip, I still signed up because it will go to mid March. One of the challenges this week was to do 15 minutes of exercise so I spoke to a co-worker who's a personal trainer and she gave me some toning exercises for my arms (something I really wanted to work on). I did those then decided to add in some sit ups and planking. I can't believe that I can actually do sit ups!!! I was a bit stiff and sore the next day but wow - I did 2 reps of 25 each and I can actually do them...amazing for me!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful IP week - keep at it all, the rewards are amazing! I will be back in a week - hopefully a lot more tanned than I am now

Jo
Have a wonderful time!

Those of us digging out...again ... will try to stay warm vicariously...daydreaming about YOUR trip!
(We had hoped to get out for a movie today...but it's snowing again... wasn't supposed to start until later....)

BUT YOU...have a great time wearing sandals and having fun!

Old 01-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Not sure I am ready for the pedicure, but it may be a summer present. I am a nail biter, so have been working really hard to not bite them. They are looking much better so maybe a manicure will help them stay that way!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #15  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Morning everyone!

Jo
Enjoy your trip!!!
Closed Thread