View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #8
schenectady

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/177/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
ALL of these things are factors...but don't overlook the psychological effect of knowing you are doing good things for yourself. It is similar to the placebo effect...but the "pill" in this case is no overeating to deal with the winter doldrums or blue feelings, and knowing you are going in a positive direction with what you are doing to/for yourself. Negative self image and despair about being overweight is not going to make a recipe for feeling good and having enough energy...even on a sunny day, and using the BEST anti-depressant for you!!

Doing good things for yourself is the only "medicine" I know of that does not interact with your other Rx or OTC meds.
I am laughing because my husband LOVES the change in my mood - not only because I am kinder and more relaxed but because the house and yard are immaculate and I have even tackled some of 'his' repair jobs as I have so much energy and cannot sit still like I used to. He does get a wee bit nervous when I get near his power tools, though.....

schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote