General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #1  

Default For anyone that has heard me talked about the struggles with hubby's weight...

After 7 years of being more than 100 lbs over weight, sleep apnea, high BP and now borderline diabetic, hubby has had that "click" within himself to lose weight. He has never put forth an effort before, but something has changed and its wonderful!!

I think the perverbial (spelling?) straw was a party we went to hosted by a coworker of his. He was noticably the only obese man there. Many of the people there were doctors or nurses...not that there are overweight docs & nurses, but not in this crowd. I felt a little weird but not really because they knew I had just had a baby and that I wasnt this heavy before, plus I was the fat kids my whole life so I've reach a level of screw it with being the fat lady..lol, plus I dont work with these people...anyway hubby felt it..for the first time he felt uncomfortable. Not that I wish that on anyone, but I think it did it.

He has adopted the whole food approach with me and has detoxed from sugar. He has expressed he feels great, his cravings have subsided. He is exercising (treadmill) regularly and making a point to take steps to get healthy and lose weight. No pushing from me at all!! We go about our thing and weigh in on Wednesdays. As of today he has lost 19 pounds (we started Jan 1)

He looks great, and I tell him like 10x a day! I can just see that HE wants this...

I wanted to post this somewhere since I have posted over the years here about his weight and health problems and how he was ignoring it. I'm just so happy to see him want to do this
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Thats awesome!!!! I hope he keeps up the amazing work!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

That's great news! I'm glad he's changing things for himself and finally found his reason to do so. Woohoo!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Awesome! Fantastic news
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #5  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

That's great news!
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow that's awesome, I know you'd been really frustrated with his lack of interest in healthcare. 19lbs is no joke, well done.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:37 AM   #7  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

That is wonderful! Even though you did not push him, I am sure that you inspired him.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #8  

Thank you everyone! I am so happy for him. He told me the other say that he ordered lunch from the work cafeteria and that usually he ordered fries too (I didnt know this) but now he's ordering just a chicken sandwich (grilled). He also is making a point to eat breakfast every morning which I never thought I'd see...he has always been a breakfast on the road person. Which was fast food and sugar loaded coffees. I am just amazed at his dedication. And not only does he look like he's lost but actually this morning I noticed his pants look baggy. Told him time for new work pants!!

GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/173/140

Height: 5"6

After years of people who cared about me encouraging me to lose weight, with no long-term loss, I've realized that the only way to lose weight and keep it off is to do it for your own reasons. I'm glad your husband's made the choice!
brkfstclbgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

It is very helpful to him that you were already on the road to being healthier. He didn't have to lobby for big changes at home. Good work both of you.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote