Old 03-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246

Height: 5' 4''

Default Ideal Protein-Compliant and not losing

Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I have been on Ideal Protein for a little over 4 weeks. The first two weeks were great. I lost a total of 12 pounds. The third week I gained 1/2 a pound. The fourth week I lost another pound. My coach thinks it could be just how my body will react to the diet, 2 big weeks and 2 small weeks. I have been very compliant with the diet. I think I have lost more weight this week....I have weighed myself at home and think I have lost some (maybe 3 pounds), but I will see monday when I go and weigh in. Anyone else have thoughts on this or trouble with losing weight even though they are very compliant. I have a goal to lose another 100 pounds...so I have a long way to go but I am determined to get there. I did have twins last year and have not yet gotten my period yet...so I am also wondering if this is an issue of hormonal changes in my body. I also had my throid checked last year...it was okay at that time. Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

Last edited by TwinMom1010; 03-26-2011 at 01:05 PM.
TwinMom1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #2  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Twinmom, meet your twin. I have one or two good weeks, then one or two slow weeks. Those slow weeks I tend to lose more inches, though. In the past 12 weeks, I've gone from 267 to 223, almost 45 pounds.

I have twin girls, they're 15 months, as well as a 6-year-old son.

Don't stop. My hormones have been nuts on this diet. Tip: Buy pantiliners and start wearing all the time now. TMI, but better than being caught by surprise...
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #3  
SWP

S/C/G: 177.8/169.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMom1010 View Post
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I have been on Ideal Protein for a little over 4 weeks. The first two weeks were great. I lost a total of 12 pounds. The third week I gained 1/2 a pound. The fourth week I lost another pound. My coach thinks it could be just how my body will react to the diet, 2 big weeks and 2 small weeks. I have been very compliant with the diet. I think I have lost more weight this week....I have weighed myself at home and think I have lost some (maybe 3 pounds), but I will see monday when I go and weigh in. Anyone else have thoughts on this or trouble with losing weight even though they are very compliant. I have a goal to lose another 100 pounds...so I have a long way to go but I am determined to get there. I did have twins last year and have not yet gotten my period yet...so I am also wondering if this is an issue of hormonal changes in my body. I also had my throid checked last year...it was okay at that time. Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

I had a similar experience where I too was gaining weight but I also felt very tired....

I was told that I wasn't eating enough protein! This week, i've increased the amount of protein I consume and I now have my energy back while also dropping lbs! My coach also told me that we sometimes just need to shock our bodies by swapping lunch with dinner, adding/changing the vegetables we eat, etc.

A lot of it feels like trial and error - which kind of stinks, but it's worth it! All the best.
SWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #4  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMom1010 View Post
Hi all,

Don't be discouraged (I know easier said then done) --- I have gone through the same thing and it is SOOOOOO FRUSTRATING - but don't give up. One thing that has helped me (if you see my ticker at the bottom you will see the trend) on the weeks I eat more protein the better I do. I sometimes will have a WHOLE (yes even the yolk) hard boiled egg in the morning between breakfast and lunch and 2 slices of lean organic (no msg, nitrates or sugar) ham in the afternoon between lunch and dinner. I also had to increase my olive oil intake to help me feel satisfied. Ironically by upping the protien/fat I have had more energy and significantly less munchie feelings. I also eat a restricted every other day. Try a few things the coming week and see if you see some changes on the scale - this diet doesn't work the same for everyone so you need to be willing to experiment a bit to see what grooves with you. GOOD LUCK!!!!! I promise it will come off -- I have been doing this for a little over 11 weeks and I am amazed every day with how fast I have lost the weight - and the change in my body shape is incredible. I am sending you lots of hugs and a big HUGE YOU CAN DO THIS (one day at a time)
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #5  

Thanks so much everyone. All very good advice! This is the hardest diet I have ever been done, but for the first time in my life I know I can get to my goal weight! Your comments and past experience is so helpful!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

The one flaw that I've found in this diet is that it can be too calorie restrictive. If that happens your body will hold on to everything, even fat and you won't lose. You start to see it around week 4-6. Particularly active people, those with a lot of weight to lose, and men.

1)Make sure your regular...I like the Novi-Lax
2)Consider upping your protein. Like Cheekywit, I have 1-2 extra eggs/day and this makes me lose more! I also vary the amount of meat I eat for supper. Mostly 5-6 oz, but then 8 oz meat 1-2 x week.
3)Count your calories for 1 week or so. Sometimes we find the veggies that we like and just stick to those. Turns out, they may be the very low cal veggies. This happened to me. So figure your cal intake on a typical menu and make sure it is around 1000. If not, add the protein.
4)Time of the month has a lot to do with it too. I have less loss around ovulation.
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #7  

Thanks! Very good advice.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #8  

i am also mother of twin girls, they just turned two... i was real bad this weekend, it was my girls birthday... i am slow on losing also... but i am back on it today...
curlytop03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/178/150

Height: 5'10"

I am the mom of triplets... Funny!

I am on week 4, have lost 17 lbs and am noticing some of the same things. Weight loss is better every other week. I wasn't getting enough protein. My coach has a machine that measures lean muscle tissue and he noticed that I was loosing muscle so he increased my protein by one packet per day and I did better the following week I am exercising about 4 times per week by doing yoga and a pretty strenuous snow hike for about 1.5 hours each session. (Started that routine prior to IP and love it!)

I am feeling the need to add in some additional protein via eggs and lean meats as well. I may experiment with that one soon. One thing I have noticed is that it seems imperative to eat the two cups of veggies at each meal in addition to the lettuce. Also the water is really important.
2Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #10  

Default Can't lose weight

I've been on the diet for 5 weeks now and only lost 9 pounds this loss This last way in I gained a pound I had a hysterectomy three years ago so it's not due to My monthly cycle. I don't know why I am not losing weight anyone know why please help I really want this to work
Paula951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

It is really hard for people to help without knowing what you are eating, how much water you are drinking, and how much exercise you are doing. Perhaps posting this information on this thread can help with feedback from people who have struggled and then got through the issues.
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #12  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I just came across this thread and wanted to put my 2 cents in.....I did the program for 125 straight weeks losing over 200lbs. I NEVER counted ANYTHING....I ate what was on the sheet and nothing more. I was OVER 400lbs and am now 198lbs.

Everyone is different....IF you follow the program as it is written the ONLY way you will gain is if you are NOT getting everything you need in (3 packets, 4 cups of veggies, 8oz of protein and at least 1/2 of your body weight in water.) I was a coach and got this information from several Super weekends I attended. The more water you drink the better you will be.

THIS is how I ate for 125 weeks.....

Breakfast - bar, 2 cups of coffee
Lunch - shake, 2 cups of veggies (usually a cucumber/bell pepper)
Dinner 8 oz of meat, 2 cups of veggies
Snack - pudding
If I got hungry I would drink more water or have an egg white or 2. I sometimes would spread out my lunch veggies through out the afternoon, depending on what my schedule was for the day.

I have been in maintenance since October, doing really well. Don't give up on yourself or cut yourself short, once you get used of eating this way it becomes habit. I still eat this way, I have my cheat day once a week but for the most part I still eat phase 1 kinda way. All of the small numbers add up to a big number, I had gains, stalls and loses, I just pushed through each week with a positive attitude. I NEVER licked, tasted or sipped anything NOT on the sheet. My gains were because my hip was inflamed and I could feel it. Your body will release the weight when it wants too, there is nothing you can do to make it come off faster, if you are stressed that will cause you to keep your weight on as well.

Just take it one meal, one day and one pound at a time, you can do it!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #13  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I just came across this thread and wanted to put my 2 cents in.....I did the program for 125 straight weeks losing over 200lbs. I NEVER counted ANYTHING....I ate what was on the sheet and nothing more. I was OVER 400lbs and am now 198lbs.

Everyone is different....IF you follow the program as it is written the ONLY way you will gain is if you are NOT getting everything you need in (3 packets, 4 cups of veggies, 8oz of protein and at least 1/2 of your body weight in water.) I was a coach and got this information from several Super weekends I attended. The more water you drink the better you will be.

THIS is how I ate for 125 weeks.....

Breakfast - bar, 2 cups of coffee
Lunch - shake, 2 cups of veggies (usually a cucumber/bell pepper)
Dinner 8 oz of meat, 2 cups of veggies
Snack - pudding
If I got hungry I would drink more water or have an egg white or 2. I sometimes would spread out my lunch veggies through out the afternoon, depending on what my schedule was for the day.

I have been in maintenance since October, doing really well. Don't give up on yourself or cut yourself short, once you get used of eating this way it becomes habit. I still eat this way, I have my cheat day once a week but for the most part I still eat phase 1 kinda way. All of the small numbers add up to a big number, I had gains, stalls and loses, I just pushed through each week with a positive attitude. I NEVER licked, tasted or sipped anything NOT on the sheet. My gains were because my hip was inflamed and I could feel it. Your body will release the weight when it wants too, there is nothing you can do to make it come off faster, if you are stressed that will cause you to keep your weight on as well.

Just take it one meal, one day and one pound at a time, you can do it!
You are so inspiring! (Your pictures are gorgeous, too).
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #14  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
You are so inspiring! (Your pictures are gorgeous, too).
Thank you
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #15  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thank you

Are you no longer an IP coach? I miss seeing your posts here. Good to hear from you. You were great inspiration for me. Thanks!
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote