Old 01-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy HELP! Been on plan 5 days ready to quit!

SO I started the plan last Thursday and I have to say I have HATED every min of it! My coach is awesome and helpful but I sometimes wondering if she's just trying to help me to keep going just to have me as a client. I'm SO sick of the tasteless meals. I'm over the headaches, fatigue, and mood swings. I'm beginning to wonder is it worth it. I do want to lose weight really really bad but at what cost? Right now I basically lay on the couch cause I feel like crap most days and I'm always snapping at my kids. Not sure this is worth it. I'm thinking of just throwing in the towel. What are your thoughts?!?!?!
mommyandlovinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #2  
Goal: flight

S/C/G: 250/245/165

Height: 5'7"

I've never tried medi-fast, but choosing a plan that's right for you is imperative. There are so many different ways of eating. Try to stick it out, and if its not something you can do, don't consider it a failure. See it for what it is: a plan that didn't work for you.

Hang in there.
OthelloLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Height: 5'2

What do you think your "future you" would want? Will you be happy with this decision? Ditto on finding a plan that works for you. I think it's pretty normal to get headaches and have overall crankiness when you are first getting used to a new plan. Your body is used to a certain way of eating. It will adjust.
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #4  
Rip City Ducks Fan

S/C/G: 350/292/225

Height: 6-2

First off, you should be proud that you started any program. Medifast is just a temporary tool to help you get to a healthy weight. It teaches you portion control and how to eat smaller meals throughout the day. The food is not gourmet, and some isn't for everyone. But there is a variety of different types of prepackaged foods that are good. You need to shift your focus to seeing the medifast meals as fuel for your body not as a tasty treat, your lean and green meals are the meals to look forward to. There should be some sort of balance between your desire to lose weight and your reasons to do this program. The benefits outweigh the taste of the food. Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels. I did medifast once before and failed because of the exact same reason you are struggling now. Stick with it. Find out which meals you like enough to eat on a regular basis, trade or sell the others. Good luck with your journey.
Kingofkingz360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I would say give it two weeks and then decide. You'll never know if it would have worked for you if you quit now. I will say usually after the first week people start to feel better if they stay on plan. Try sipping some bouillon or having the optional pickle for a snack. Sometimes the salt helps.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/174.6/135

Height: 5'4

I just started Medifast 7 days ago and I agree with you it is really tough. I've had my ups and downs and day 4 and 6 were particularly difficult and I really wanted to throw in the towel. I figured out that what has really helped me is drinking a TON of water! Its helped with the headaches and really helps wash down the not so yummy food. I'm talking 100oz-130oz a day. Also I've found some really yummy lean and green meals using pinterest and lots of motivational youtube videos that helped!
Colleensuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

Please don't give up now.You made it to 5 days and it does get easier.I agree with Colleen and drink more water.I have a drinking bottle near me all the time.I was counting calories and using whey protein one scoop instead of 2 in water and that seemed to help my hunger and provide amino acids to produce dopamine and serotonin to suppress my cravings.Some of the early days were sheer white knucklers but try to persist and eat at designated times.You will be thrilled when you get on the scale and see results.Hang in there.
apo9 is offline   Reply With Quote