View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #34
jendilly
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Deana: Congrats on 70! Let's have a 70s dance everyone!

Jendilly: smaller clothes put the whole scale "thing" into perspective, don't they? Wear those jeans as much as possible. They won't fit long! In the meantime, find a nice 2nd-hand shop for replacing clothes "on the way down" without breaking the bank. Almost everything I wear these days is new-to-me. I buy these items new: shoes, undies, swimwear, anything I need but can't find poppin' tags.
Lisa, it feels so good, I can't even tell you! But then again, you totally know! I will look for 2nd hand stores because I want to feel good as I do this and not be swimming in my clothes. Plus, going into the smaller sizes makes you feel good about what you're doing and does definitely put it all in perspective about how much I've lost. I do have plenty of clothes that fit me right now, being that I haven't really gotten rid of too much that fit a couple of years ago. But as I continue to lose, I will certainly need new things.

Funny the reference to "Poppin' Tags" since we are the home of Macklemore. I'm so excited...and I just can't hide!!! I want to tell the world...but most of my friends and family don't know that I'm on IP, so you all are my cheerleaders right now. My friend that introduced me to IP lives 4 hours away, but we volunteer together and see each other once a month or so. She's coming over today and I'm so excited for her to see me. She hasn't seen me since I started.

Working hard to get to my tropical vacation!