View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #34
Missy123
Slow Carb Newbie

S/C/G: Starting at 155 / ticker / 130

Height: 5' 6"

TGIF all! I hear ya on not wanting to shop or cook today. I think because it is so cold outside I am even less motivated to shop, and unfortunately I am just running out of some of my staples. I think in meantime for my snack today since I'm teleworking I'll make some hummus as I have low sodium chickpeas. Hummus I read in that article is another way to get beans with less gas.

Pamela I make my own protein shake, and have it as soon as I wake up. I make it with almond milk, a zero carb vanilla protein powder, and just a few blueberries. But you can also buy a very low carb pre-made protein shake called Pure Protein from the grocery stores and wallgreens (at least in my area).

I lost another pound! So that is nearly 5 pds this week. I am hungry, but my morning snack and lunch will satisfy that. What I've been doing this week is taking the SlimQuick, but also keeping carb count to less than 100g, and keeping carb count really low for dinner and not eating anything after dinner. Also I'm working out nearly daily. Always a cardio and some weight training. Seems to all be working!