Thread: IP Daily Chat
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #19
lighthouse101

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm having the same gym problems. I prefer to work out before work and had planned a turn-around after the new year but got a nasty virus that is STILL sapping my energy & causing me to prefer to stay in a warm bed that to brave arctic temps.

So, I'm stuck with after-work and I'm the QUEEN of excuses. I do best if I head there directly after work, do-not-pass-go, do-not-collect-$200.
So, I pack my clothes & take them with me. The other day I forgot to take a snack & used it as an excuse to come home and grab one. MISTAKE. Now the snack is getting packed in the gym bag.

I did a light workout yesterday & didn't even really feel better afterward. But I know in the long-run it is better for me.

I MUST get outside on Sunday when the arctic chill is going to clear for a day or two. Hoping for some sunshine, as well.
It's definitely hard to get to the gym if you're under the weather and energy is low. I keep hearing that even then, a light to moderate workout helps circulation and all kinds of other systems that keep us healthy. Waiting for it to kick in for me too!

I hear you on all the possible excuses - the other day I almost skipped out because I forgot to pack my headphones in the gym bag and decided I couldn't work out without my music, but sucked it up and did it anyway.

Hope you get some sunshine this weekend!