View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #254
FutureFitChick

S/C/G: 261/241/136

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Coaches!

I would really like to get back in the habit of regular posting, but with my work schedule, I am not sure that is realistic. I have a bad pattern of setting up unrealistic expectations in about every area of my life and then disappointing myself.

I have gained back a bunch of weight that I had gotten rid of "forever". But, it only is "forever" if you stick with the healthy habits. I got up early this morning, which felt great, but then over indulged in an off-plan breakfast. Oh Well! I am being accountable here! I have been trying to decide if I should go back on my fairly restricted eating plan or not. It may not be the best time, but I AM impatient for the weight to be gone!

Since I haven't been around, can someone point me to a post or explain what the days/points that you are counting are?

AZTricia: Great job for you on savoring your bite of the best. That is wonderful! Also, credit for the OP day.

BethfromDayton: You deserve major credit for prepping for today so well! Great job! Sushi always throws me off when trying to track it. I've never found a great nutrient breakdown for the different types, in spite of the fact you find pretty much the same thing at different places.

BillBlueEyes: I am sorry to hear about your car woes. We had similar inspections when I lived in the Chicago-area. But, here in Indiana, I just feel guilty not having it done. Great job keeping your new habits at hand with the cheese slicing!

FLNU: Welcome! I like your response to the thought of "wait until the honeymoon's over". I need to incorporate something like that in to my ARC too. I have a BodyMedia Fit. I have found it helped me get real about my skewed perceptions about the physical activity I get in a day. I hope you enjoy your FitBit.

Maryann: How did the clean out go? I cleaned out my closet, but the boxes never made it to Goodwill. When I gained back some weight, it was helpful to have it there, but, I was sad to sift through those clothes again. I get hung up with sewing, because I always think I am going to change size as soon as I make something. The truth is, my weight loss is so slow, I am sure I would still get use out of the clothes made from my huge stash of hand-me-down fabric. How do you handle that?

Nationalparker: Credit to you for hanging in there with your food plan in the midst of household chaos. I hope you have an easy time at the optometrist today.

Seadwaters: CONGRATULATIONS! That is fantastic news to read. Good luck on eating out with food pushers. I've read other posters that suggest you should remember that celebrations aren't about the food, but about the event. (I've not gotten that to work for me in practice though.) Good luck!

Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: +0.5 lbs.
Read Advantage Cards two times: not yet
Read Response Cards at least two times: not yet
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: ½ credit; I was seated, but read while I ate
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: *
Did planned exercise: not yet
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: not yet
Tracked today’s food: yes, so far
Left food on my plate: no
Ate only to normal fullness: ehh, I could have done better eating more slowly
Identified and responded to a self-deluding thought: identified, but still ate more of my breakfast treat

* Exercise right now is pre-hab (PT). I fell skiing just before Christmas, fractured my tibia, completely tore my ACL, partially tore my MCL and meniscus, and damaged the surrounding muscles. Surgery is next week...

Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:
More E-N-E-R-G-Y
Buying stylish, not oversized clothes
Being a healthy role-model for my nephews, students, and godson
Horsebackriding without guilt