Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Another cold one out there this morning. Off to work for me, but at least I'm done at 3! I love early Fridays! Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Off to work for me, but at least I'm done at 3! I love early Fridays!
Good morning, all. I'm done at 3 today too and am going to drag my butt to the gym, even though I am so tired and ready to be done with this week! Keep telling myself I'll feel better after the workout.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #4  
172pds now

S/C/G: 170 PDS. 180/170/130

Height: 5 foot and 3 inches

gOOD MORNING-
a YUMMY SAUCSE FOR PASTA
i CUP OF CHICKEN BROTH,ONE CLOVE OF GARLIC,CUT UP IN BROTH, COOK, THEN ONE CUP OF MILK, BRING TO BOILING, 2 TLBS-FLOUR, AND ,pECARIN0- ROMANO CHEESE, COOK THEN BOIL WHOLE GRAIN PASTA-VERY DELICIOUS,(CUP UP RED PEPPER IN SAUCE. VERY DELICIOUS....
Old 01-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

You are all way too cheerful in the morning!

In to work early and it's going to be a long day - I can tell. Good thing I packed my lunch last night or I'd forget 1/2 of it. Oh so glad it's Friday! Need some extra coffee today!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:25 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasyblond401 View Post
gOOD MORNING-
a YUMMY SAUCSE FOR PASTA
i CUP OF CHICKEN BROTH,ONE CLOVE OF GARLIC,CUT UP IN BROTH, COOK, THEN ONE CUP OF MILK, BRING TO BOILING, 2 TLBS-FLOUR, AND ,pECARIN0- ROMANO CHEESE, COOK THEN BOIL WHOLE GRAIN PASTA-VERY DELICIOUS,(CUP UP RED PEPPER IN SAUCE. VERY DELICIOUS....
Sasyblond - that does sound good but milk, cheese, pasta, etc. are definitely not allowed on the IP diet. You sure you're posting in the right place?
Old 01-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/ x /135

Crazy food dreams started last night. They were so real. I was devouring a box of Turtle chocolates. I don't even like them, and in my dream I even thought that. "why am i eating these, i don't like them and i can't even taste them. Omg, i have eaten 4, i am so out of ketosis". Thankfully I woke up and realized that I really didn't inhale them.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #8  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Good morning!! It was so cold in my office yesterday that my boss sent out an email saying that we could work from home today if we wanted, so that's what I'm doing. But I'm realizing again that I tend to eat when I'm bored and have gone over my veggie limit. At work, there's not an option to do that, so I don't have to worry about it too much. But the on Tue and Wed, I was home all day due to weather and over ate out of boredom, and my scale has reflected that with no losses. My goal today and this weekend is to get backon track and to keep myself busy so I won't obsess about food.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Red face Good Friday Morning everyone :)

Well the last week has just sucked big time. Bad things happen in "3s".
First last week the kids broke my laptop (milk got spilled on it by little peanut)
Then my cell phone broke (the port for the charger is loose and no longer works) so I have been with out a phone for a week and will not get one until next Wed or Thursday (it is being replaced by the Geek Squad from sprint) so until then no phone which DD and little peanut are the culprits for it breaking. LIttle bug just snatches it when he climbs the counters to see what's up there and grabs it and the USB gets yanked out, AND dd never leaves it aloe all she wants to do is play games on it and grabs it when I try to charge it, she will snatch it up the second my back is turned and not let it charge!

AND in Feb. the kids and I were to accompany DH on his trip to Dallas. I was so looking forward to this. I have been in a funk for the past 3 weeks, I am just feeling blue (my theory is SAD). And someone threw a wrench into this trip which he had the go ahead from the Sr. Global director to bring us along. Said dir. goes on vaca after giving the approval for expenses per employee, then dh's manager undermines said Dir. cutting the approved budget in HALF and having DH share a rental car with the only other employee who is going!!!! I was looking forward to 8 days of no Artic weather, the possibility to get outside (even 30 degrees is balmy for me!) so um yeah.

I finally got to Sams yesterday to get my EAS shakes!!! The kids had no school yesterday and out early Wed due to the extreme cold and ground blizzard warnings!!!

I had my WI in today and I am amazingly down 1.6 lbs some how some way.

OUr annv. is Feb 5th and I found Dhs gift and I need to get it a couple of days before. So I hope things get better.

Today the temp is going to be 32 and sunny!!! I am taking little peanut out for a short walk with him on the sled- IF the wind is not blowing!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #10  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPRound2 View Post
Crazy food dreams started last night. They were so real. I was devouring a box of Turtle chocolates. I don't even like them, and in my dream I even thought that. "why am i eating these, i don't like them and i can't even taste them. Omg, i have eaten 4, i am so out of ketosis". Thankfully I woke up and realized that I really didn't inhale them.
Oh my goodness, I have dreams like that all the time. Not with Turtles, but other things, like chips, cookies, etc.

I wonder what drives those dreams? Is is that we have IP programmed into our head; we are having these cravings, etc?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPRound2 View Post
I'm still stuck at you don't like turtles. What????

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Good morning, all. I'm done at 3 today too and am going to drag my butt to the gym, even though I am so tired and ready to be done with this week! Keep telling myself I'll feel better after the workout.
I'm having the same gym problems. I prefer to work out before work and had planned a turn-around after the new year but got a nasty virus that is STILL sapping my energy & causing me to prefer to stay in a warm bed that to brave arctic temps.

So, I'm stuck with after-work and I'm the QUEEN of excuses. I do best if I head there directly after work, do-not-pass-go, do-not-collect-$200.
So, I pack my clothes & take them with me. The other day I forgot to take a snack & used it as an excuse to come home and grab one. MISTAKE. Now the snack is getting packed in the gym bag.

I did a light workout yesterday & didn't even really feel better afterward. But I know in the long-run it is better for me.

I MUST get outside on Sunday when the arctic chill is going to clear for a day or two. Hoping for some sunshine, as well.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Someone had mentioned Bubbies pickles - I found them almost by accident yesterday. WOW! I have never tasted anything like that. Pretty powerful stuff but it cleansed my palate so that my hunger went away, so well worth it.

Today, we/I should finally have the house 100% ready for the market on Monday. I have one last painting job, a few quick sweeps and it is done.

I was far from ready yesterday with a huge list of to-dos's, but I thought I had it all under control. We were scheduled to have the photographer come today, Friday, and I was working my way down the list. But in the meanwhile, I decided to use my day at home to do a pot of Lisa's chicken broth and a roast for my husband. Add starting to clean and sweep out the garage and my schedule was set.

At about 1PM, I get a call from the agent, who asks what I think of the fact that we have a sunny day for the first time in weeks. Yes. Well, so to be safe, how about if the photographer comes a day early while the sun is shining.

Sure....so for three hours, I run around the house finishing my to-do list so that the house was sparkling. Chicken and roast off the burners, hide in the oven for pictures. Laptop under the bed. Mail in a drawer. Shampoo and soap and shower stuff in a drawer. Need I say more?

Finally the photographer comes and he is actually a fascinating older character, but very intellectual, fun to talk to. He did comment that he wished other knew how to stage a house as well as I had! I guess in a weird way, that made me feel good about the crazy day.

As a result, today is a take it easy day as my reward. Husband off to Oregon for a funeral so I have the entire day and place to myself.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #13  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Well the last week has just sucked big time. Bad things happen in "3s".
First last week the kids broke my laptop (milk got spilled on it by little peanut)
Then my cell phone broke (the port for the charger is loose and no longer works) so I have been with out a phone for a week and will not get one until next Wed or Thursday (it is being replaced by the Geek Squad from sprint) so until then no phone which DD and little peanut are the culprits for it breaking. LIttle bug just snatches it when he climbs the counters to see what's up there and grabs it and the USB gets yanked out, AND dd never leaves it aloe all she wants to do is play games on it and grabs it when I try to charge it, she will snatch it up the second my back is turned and not let it charge!

AND in Feb. the kids and I were to accompany DH on his trip to Dallas. I was so looking forward to this. I have been in a funk for the past 3 weeks, I am just feeling blue (my theory is SAD). And someone threw a wrench into this trip which he had the go ahead from the Sr. Global director to bring us along. Said dir. goes on vaca after giving the approval for expenses per employee, then dh's manager undermines said Dir. cutting the approved budget in HALF and having DH share a rental car with the only other employee who is going!!!! I was looking forward to 8 days of no Artic weather, the possibility to get outside (even 30 degrees is balmy for me!) so um yeah.

I finally got to Sams yesterday to get my EAS shakes!!! The kids had no school yesterday and out early Wed due to the extreme cold and ground blizzard warnings!!!

I had my WI in today and I am amazingly down 1.6 lbs some how some way.

OUr annv. is Feb 5th and I found Dhs gift and I need to get it a couple of days before. So I hope things get better.

Today the temp is going to be 32 and sunny!!! I am taking little peanut out for a short walk with him on the sled- IF the wind is not blowing!

Hey Girl! Good to see you! Sorry you've been having a sh!tty go of it lately. Sounds like you need to set some limits with the kiddos and electronics. IMO.

That sucks about the trip. Maybe ya'll will be able to plan something after the hubby's work trip.

It's sleeting around here, some places north of me are getting a bit of snow, or as we're calling it sneux lol. (Sleet/snow Cajun style) it's not too bad but you know how folks like to freak out over a tiny bit of nothing. PTSD from hurricane Katrina I guess. I don't have work until noon so hopefully it will clear up by then.

Happy Friday all!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #14  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Glad to see I'm not the only one with the winter blues! It's dark when I go to work, dark on my way home and by the time I've taken care of everything at home it's time for bed. I'm going to make it a point if we have sun to get out of the office today and walk around for a bit - that should help!

Re: food dreams - the only food dreams I've had are ones where I overeat allowed food. My brain is wired funny! Had one the other night where I ate 14 hamburger patties in lettuce - don't know where my mind came up with that number!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one with the winter blues! It's dark when I go to work, dark on my way home and by the time I've taken care of everything at home it's time for bed. I'm going to make it a point if we have sun to get out of the office today and walk around for a bit - that should help!!
I'm gonna buy a full spectrum light bulb to put in a desk lamp at work. Hoping that will help, too. So cold & dreary!
Closed Thread