South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 06:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Frozen Friday SB Chat for 1/24

I'm needing lots of hot, hot coffee on this frigid morning. It's even chilly in the house! A lot of schools are opening late so it must be pretty icy out there.
I don't have any plans for the day, but we'll probably have to get some groceries. I don't know what we're out of since I haven't been home the past couple days, and we're supposed to get another dump of snow tomorrow so I don't want to be out in it then with all the crazy drivers on the roads. Other than checking on Dad, I'm looking forward to a quiet afternoon of cross-stitching.

What's on your agenda for this last day of the work week?
Old 01-24-2014, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I am very sad Cottage, that all these snows keep missing us Do you mind blowing a bit of it this way? My husband (he's the weather forecaster in the family) kept asking when the next snow is...that's his job!

I don't work until 2, so I'm meeting my friend for breakfast, then a bunch of errands, cleaning, and the dreadmill. Working 2-7, and then meeting the kiddos for movie night at the school afterwards. I guess it will be a busy day!

Cottage - we just converted to gas, which is about 75% cheaper than oil, and our house stays warm now!!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:00 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good brrrrrring! So much for the slight warm-up we were promised. It's still -17ºF and will feel colder with the wind. Supposed to "warm" up to 24 tomorrow with a dump of snow. I found myself looking at vacations in the Islands yesterday.

Linda, be very careful going home today and getting groceries. You really are having a real winter this year.

Donna comes today and I just realized I still have my wreath and Santas on the mantle in the dining room. I guess I'll have her lug them upstairs for me. (My bad knees get "badder" in the cold weather.)

I'm struggling with end of year account closings for the Mill and then will have to tackle donation receipts and record of earnings slips for the staff. We really went in the hole over the Hall reno and will not have full-time staff this summer. Not sure how that will be handled but hoping for a miracle.

Time for another coffee and a realistic plan for the day. The dogs are curled on the chairs dreaming of summer. They are out and then in within less than a minute these days. Disney cries like a baby if I'm slow to get to the door.

TGIF. Lie back on the Beach and I'll send over the cabana boys and some drinks.

ETA: Hi Tammy. I am considering converting to propane although right now there is a major shortage of it. I've gone through over $900 in oil this past month. The dogs are getting paper routes to help out
Old 01-24-2014, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ahhh, do you remember farmer's almanac said it would be a long, cold winter?!?!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I do recall hearing that, Tammy, and I know the Amish around here rely on that. I wonder what Mr. Groundhog's thoughts on it will be?
Old 01-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's what the almanac said for eastern Canada
Quote:
So what’s in store for this winter? The “Days of Shivery” are back! For 2013–2014, we are forecasting a cold winter for much of Canada. A large area of below-normal temperatures will predominate from roughly east of the Rocky Mountains to the Eastern Great Lakes. Coldest temperatures will run south and east across the Laurentian Plateau to the Great Lakes.
I'm just a bit north of Lake Ontario and on the Laurentian Plateau.

Here's the link for more info including predictions for this week.http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weathe...nter-forecast/
Old 01-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

My husband had us convert to a heat pump a few years back to save money and then the utility companies (electric) changed rates so now we don't save nearly what we would have and DH complains about it. He is rather obsessed with utility usage, etc.

So... buying bakery gluten-free bread was a mistake. Took me right back to my days of no willpower around that kind of stuff. I won't be getting it again!

I am working out with my mom and trainer today. Then I rush to shower, dress, and head to work for a few hours.

Have a great day, all.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:51 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am wfh but just took DD2 to school and it's cold out there -6 but it supposed to warm up to 32 degrees this afternoon can't wait.

Cottage stay safe

Twynn glad you converted and are saving money

Ruth wow that's a lot for one month for oil, any chance you can find volunteers for the summer?

Karen I am trying to stay away from all bread except for 3:49 that doesn't seem to kick off cravings for me.

Thank goodness it's Friday ready for a couple of days off.

Have a wonderful safe and warm Friday!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies! It's my last full day working at Porsche (I picked up a 4 hour OT shift tomorrow and offered to work out the week and cover it even though my last day could have been this Wednesday). SO happy to be starting with the Police Department Monday!

cottage - I don't know what it's like where you are, but I went out last Saturday to do my grocery shopping and, as a Sams Club trip was DESPERATELY needed (it's where I get my coffee and I was out!) I roadtripped it to NH to visit Sams. Well, the roads were HORRIBLE and it took me about an hour and a half to get there bc I was stuck behind plows the whole time. And I learned that day how difficult it is to push a shopping cart in a parking lot that has not been plowed! LOL I hope you have a better trip! LOL

TwynnB - Awww, I'll send you some snow! We have more coming tomorrow. Enjoy your breakfast with your friend!

Ruth - Holy crap, -17!? I'll keep my +1, thank you very much! Sounds like you've got a lot of work coming up.

WaistingTime - Eek! Bread seems to be a horrible trigger for me, so I decided to try to stay away this time. I had a loaf of whole wheat in the fridge b/c I was on Phase I and didn't want it to mold...I decided to cut the pieces of bread in half. I had one half piece of toast the other morning for breakfast and actually haven't had bread since. I love bread...it's one of my vices.

PearlRose - Brrrrrrr!

Just finished cooking my lunch...baked chicken and broccoli alfredo (using the Laughing Cow alfredo sauce recipe posted here). Yum!

Off to get ready for work! Have a good day, chicks!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon all!

Natasha- Yay! Fingers crossed for you

Cottage- Send the snow to Ohio! I won't mind.

Ruth- we have propane at our house. We actually just got refilled this week. My dad asked about the propane "shortage", and the guy said as long as you use a larger company, you shouldn't be affected by the shortage. They did fill us to slightly less than usual, though. Normally we get filled to 80%, and they filled us to 70-75%, but that will still last quite a while! I think we get filled 2-3 times a year. Granted, we're not in Canada

Karen- Uh oh! Sorry the bread didn't quite work out. It's a huge trigger for me too.

Pearlrose- what's 3:49 bread?

Nothing too exciting going on today. Dinner last night was kind of rough, but I only fudged it a little lol. Drinking lots of water and carrying on! As a whole, the family was a little disappointed in the restaurant. It was quite loud, we had to repeat ourselves to the waitstaff a few times, and for a tab of $300 for 4 people, the food wasn't that impressive. I've made better green beans in on the stove. Ah well.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Ok let me start by saying I miss my computer. This tiny keyboard is awful and I just lost my post!!
Anyway, good day today. Pretty much on plan, got in a walk with my buddy from work, woke up to only -11, it warmed up to 14 this afternoon and now I have a glass of red wine to sip by the fire. Oh and supper is leftover turkey breast from a couple days ago.

I will chip into the heating discussion. We converted to LP this fall from kerosene. Our fuel tank is outside and while our old furnace was able to burn oil when it gets below zero the oil gels up and won't flow throw the furnace. I am curious to see how our usage and cost compare with the new furnace and fuel.

Hi to Natasha and good luck at your new job.

To those chicks who miss the snow, I will say we have too much winter this year. Where can I move that the seasons follow the calendar!?
Have a great evening everyone!

Last edited by Beth19; 01-24-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

up at 5, out the door at 6, and out and about at the capital all day in barely above zero weather. I am so glad to be home and relaxing for the night! I'm looking forward to a weekend and then a three day work week before a brief trip to NY to see the folks. So glad this event is over
Old 01-24-2014, 08:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Seems like I am getting later with my posts on work days. Very cold day on the streets. My partner and I did a lot of walking despite the temps. I take him on Fridays because, like me, he eats right and doesn't want to drive around all day.

It is amazing how hormones mess with my weight. FINALLY had the big water woosh 3.4 pounds in 2 days!!! TOM decided to make a second visit this month!!! Who does he think he is lol Actually I was a happy to know my ups and downs this month have NOTHING to do with my food choices phew!!!

Funny, I had the oil company here today. My downstairs baseboards don't stay warm. Both zones are functioning properly. There advice, don't raise the thermostat as the boiler is "struggling" to keep the heat. Oh that is comforting lol. I don't think I will invest in changing my heating system in this house as I hope to sell in a few years. Oh in spring or summer definitely not a winter month lol.

Stay warm chickies
Closed Thread