View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 06:07 AM   #252
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies At the time I wished that I was at the gym, I was dealing with why my old Toyota won't pass inspection when I took it in last week. Ouch. Maybe a tiny CREDIT moi for dealing with reality as required from time to time even when it's not what I want. Life would be easier if I shifted the month of my inspection to summer when it was more comfortable to hang around a gas station. I'm not done yet; there's another round.

Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, including snacks to get my streak to 65. My only snack was a so-so orange for evening snack. (No brownie. I'm not even thinking about them. Not on my mind.) There's only three oranges left in the fridge to work through so that I can go buy a new bag of California's best. Dinner was white bean soup so I was a vegetarian for the day. My Beck event was when I was cutting slices of cheese to make the cheese-toast we sometimes have with soup. I had the urge to pop a slice into my mouth - as I used to do before my Journey. It wasn't hunger, hardly even desire, just habit!

Cheryl (seadwaters) Congrats for that dancing carrot. Ouch for having to face food pushers with Kudos for making a plan to stay your path anyway.

maryann - Organizing your environment is Kudos activity - particularly in a four stage project.

nationalparker Ouch for the continuing problems with frozen plumbing. Congrats for choosing a DH was jumps right in to solve them. Kudos for skipping the small Sundays - though they would seem to contradict the notion of so cold the pipes are freezing.

Beth (bethFromDayton) I used to believe that chopsticks were the real secret of thin Asians - until I watched some using chopsticks faster than I could use my fork. Kudos for attitude per, "I intend to report in on Sunday night as being successful."

AZtricia - Kudos, indeed, for "for recognizing craving vs hunger and exercising my resistance muscle." Loved reading that you enjoyed one slice of pizza - seems important to me that we continue to have the foods that we love but in planned quantities.

flnu - Yep, you're a Coach for us; we're all in this together. Perhaps someday Dr. Judith Beck will write about being an on-line Diet Coach. Until then, we all just wing it. Kudos for the "Helpful response: Why assume the worst?" Find myself doing that one more than I want.

Readers -
Quote:
day 11 Differentiate Between Hunger, Desire, and Cravings

If so, you confused hunger with a desire to eat. Today's task will help you figure out when you're truly hungry, so you can tell yourself, Okay, I've finished the food I planned to eat for this meal, and I'm still hungry ... But that's okay ... It might take my brain 20 minutes to send a message to my body that I'm full ... I'll wait to see how I feel in 20 minutes.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 118.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 6 years and 11 months