Thread: IP Daily Chat
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 06:26 AM   #84
drd1961

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I know you are right. I was doing the very unflattering self-pity thing today. 7 weeks post of knee, 5 months post op shoulder and just wondering "how" I have gotten so far gone over the last few years. Was always a very good athlete, swam in HS and college, soccer, tennis, running, etc. and because I took care of myself ( or so I thought) my joints are paying the price. I didn't have to worry about "weight" when I was so active. Normally with this snow and cold I would be downhill or cross country skiing, no more. So, it was a bunch of stuff that got to me today and tomorrow is my mom's birthday (she passed in 2005) and I was thinking of her all day. I know these are all reasons, not excuses. I will get a grip tomorrow, everything is prepared. thank you and I don't tend to ever take advise "the wrong way" I know everyone on here means well, because everyone on here has struggled with weight and emotions
I have sympathy. Although my joint issues(need double hip replacement at age 52) are because of birth defects, I have always worked out hard, so it does not seem fair. But I keep on keeping on.