View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #250
nationalparker
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 179/160/150

Height: 5-4

Cold day here, too. Drain froze up again, along with some pipes. DH spent the past few hours after getting home from work sawing through a cabinet to see what the situation was and how it was plumbed. I steer clear. Now he'll rent a blower to blow insulation in (my idea) after he said we'd need to pull out the tub and all tile, etc. I'm counting a point for myself on the home improvement idea chart. I never get points there

Food has been okay today - on track and satisfied. I planned an ind. bag of real potato chips - nothing baked or faked and it hit the spot.

Eye dr. appt. tomorrow and then working the rest of the day from home. Looking forward to being able to be cozy. Going down to -5 tonight - we're almost there already. Wind chill warning still in place. Hard to breathe when walking outside.

Bill - Thank you for that note on hunger/desire/cravings. I saw the whipped cream in the fridge and thought, oh, small sundaes would be a nice treat. Even if I did just the half cup of ice cream, light choc drizzle, whip cream and cherry, that's still 200 calories we don't need. I'll save that for the weekend. It was a desire. Not a craving or being hungry. Good to recognize that.

Beth - We do the one Chinese meal for two as well from a place near us, and have a leftover serving for DH to take to work. All for $7.75. Now and then we do separate because he wants to venture away from my routine chicken