Thread: IP Daily Chat
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #82
Bellamack

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Bellamack - I hope you do not take it wrong when I say 'please, please, please don't let your emotions or frustrations with slow loss make you eat'!

I have been there on IP, big time. One slip easily moves to two and then days pass not being able to hold to the program. It is so very hard to get back on the program that I will do anything not to jeopardize that with carbs.

All that happens is that you are worse off than before. Slow losing is NOTHING compared to gaining and being off the program. Stay the course and find an alternative way of dealing with the stress of slow loss. Get a manicure, buy a book you have always wanted to read, or get in from the library and lose yourself in a novel, ANYTHING except eat.
I know you are right. I was doing the very unflattering self-pity thing today. 7 weeks post of knee, 5 months post op shoulder and just wondering "how" I have gotten so far gone over the last few years. Was always a very good athlete, swam in HS and college, soccer, tennis, running, etc. and because I took care of myself ( or so I thought) my joints are paying the price. I didn't have to worry about "weight" when I was so active. Normally with this snow and cold I would be downhill or cross country skiing, no more. So, it was a bunch of stuff that got to me today and tomorrow is my mom's birthday (she passed in 2005) and I was thinking of her all day. I know these are all reasons, not excuses. I will get a grip tomorrow, everything is prepared. thank you and I don't tend to ever take advise "the wrong way" I know everyone on here means well, because everyone on here has struggled with weight and emotions

WI 1: -4.0 WI 5: -2.0 WI 9: -0.6
WI 2: -0.6 WI 6: -1.2 WI 10: -2.0
WI 3: 0.0 WI 7: -0.8
WI 4: -1.2 WI 8: +0.4