Thread: IP Daily Chat
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #51
65X65

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Thank you 65. At first, I felt like I was being scolded by both you and Lisa, but your post made me remember that there is a much bigger picture here. I think for some reason in my mind I was thinking I'd lose more each week. But, I also realize that the % I have lost is fabulous. Plus, when they did my BCA (I think that's what it is), I've come down 2% in fat...and that makes me feel good. I've lost over 18 inches...5 from my waist, over 5 from my hips. Just this week, I lost 1.75 inches in each thigh!

So, I'm sorry for my "slow and steady" comment. It honestly was in reference to "slow and steady wins the race"...meaning, if I just keep going and stay on plan, I will get to my goal. It's not going to happen overnight. I still have a ways to go...but I WILL get there.
Jendilly..
Nothing to be sorry for. We just want you to be realistic about what is going to happen, and not set yourself up to feel you are not being successful. This is where it gets tough...the rubber meets the road so to speak. Things sooner or later slow down to a realistic and pretty common experience as you do the hard work that gets you to goal, and is the REAL fat loss. That will most likely be in the the 2-3 lb range, as almost everyone will attest to. The strong stay and keep working it off and the weak bail. Actually...the sooner you get into that phase of true losing, the sooner you are getting to the hard stuff of what I believe can and will be lasting ... if you hang in for the long haul! We hope you're in!!