Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 07:17 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #2  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Down another 2.2 this week.
Almost slept thru the alarm. I couldn't get comfortable last night so I had to take a sleeping pill ugh. I hate taking them but that's my only chance some night of sleep
Old 01-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

I could use some help. I'm doing a home show this weekend and the hours will be long. I've got lunch covered, but sure could use some good ideas for dinner while I'm at the show. I want it to be satisfying but will not have access to a microwave. Since it's over at eight each night, I would even consider a restaurant meal, but have not eaten out since I've been OP. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Vippysue; 01-23-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #4  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
I could use some help. I'm doing a home show this weekend and the hours will be long. I've got lunch covered, but sure could use some good ideas for dinner while I'm at the show. I want it to be satisfying but will not have access to a microwave. Since it's over at eight each night, I would even consider a restaurant meal, but have not eaten out since I've been OP. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
If there is an Outback nearby, it is very easy to stay OP there with a steak and double veg.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Down another 2.2 this week.
Almost slept thru the alarm. I couldn't get comfortable last night so I had to take a sleeping pill ugh. I hate taking them but that's my only chance some night of sleep
Congrats on the loss!

I hate taking sleeping pills too. I have a hard time getting them out of my system. I found that a half of a melatonin pill works for me without the drug "hangover."

Hope you have a good day.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #6  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!! Down 2 lbs for week 28 weigh-in!!!

Exactly 25 lbs from goal!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Eat out. Find a restaurant that has steak or chicken or fish. Bring a Walden's packet and have your salad without dressing and use your own. Find the place you are going to go on-line and check out the menu and know what to order before you go.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:59 AM   #8  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Checking in!! Down 1.8 this week for a total of 8 pounds since starting on the 2nd only 18 more pounds to go!! I know it's going to be a slow loss, it's my second go around and also I don't have much to lose this time
Old 01-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #9  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
I love Mongolian stir fry restaurants. You can pick your veggies and proteins, as well as liquids for grilling it. I use a combo of ginger broth, garlic broth and soy sauce. Very tasty. Once I tried eating at one of these places it became my favorite restaurant while on P1.

Also, if you have a Ruby Tuesday near you they have a petite sirloin you can ask to be dry grilled. Just tell the waitress you can't have dairy. Ask for the veggies to also be dry grilled or no butter. I always order double zucchini. Very yummy meal.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

So-o-o-o cold here this morning in SW Mo. But God's creatures need feed and water. IP hot chocolate to get me out the door!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #11  
Alt Product User

Height: 6'

Lisa32989, I think you were reading my mind ! Thank you for the latest & greatest info! I'm doing alternate products and do not have a coach, so reading these forums are the only thing helping me(of course, also the AWESOME members like you!) Thank you! You are an angle in deed!

Today I'm looking for a different sweetener. I use Sweet N Low, but my Facebook friend posted "Dr. Fibro" (Facebook users can take a look see) post that spoke about how fake sweeteners can increase inflammation. It's a good read/reminder/food for thought for anyone who is experiencing aches and pains. I have been experiencing (on & off) minor aches throughout the day. Definitely at night when I finally sit & relax. I know I'm not "young" any more (which is fine) but how quickly the aches come on & move around is odd. So I thought it is time to switch it up. I recently tried Truvia at BJs which was great, but found it isn't the choice either. Humm
Bless you all!

BTW: wonder if there are other 6' gals out there?

S/C/G: 194/184.5/165
Old 01-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/See ticker /135

Height: 5'3"

Hello fellow IP members! Love reading everyone's posts. Thought I would say hi. It is chilly here in Florida, makes me want to stay in bed. My furry children sleep real close to me, keeping me nice and warm. Gotta love them!

NanDeNa, I'm not even close to 6' but I'm on alternate products, and am self coaching since there isn't a clinic near me and the IP products are too costly for this single mom. I just follow the protocol and use the ProtiDiet products.

My fiancee is becoming bothered by my weight loss. He says that watching me lose weight is making him feel fat. Also says now that I'm "skinny" I will be looking for another man. I tried to explain why I have decided to lose weight. He just seems more depressed lately and I'm not sure why. I didn't know losing weight would cause emotional feelings from him, I thought he's be excited.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Good morning -

Our pipes froze yesterday, so it's been a pain not to be able to take a shower, do dishes all that good stuff. Me and the dog are going to have to share the remaining bottles of water lol. She'll get 2 of the remaining 3, and i'll take the last one hahah. Hopefully my hunnie can get out to the store on his way home and get heat tape and all the other things to get the pipes working again. I think he said the filter under the house froze and cracked, so I don't know what that means for the rest of house, if we need to fix more pipes or if the well drained, I have no idea.

As for IP, I was really worried about the 1 lb I went up yesterday, and was feeling so hungry that I actually had about 6 packets yesterday, 3 of which were my restricted Quest bars, since my plan was to cut them out completely for the rest of the week, and to keep my stomach from hurting so much from being hungry. I actually stepped on the scale this morning just to get an idea and I was down 2.7 lbs overnight. So i'm not sure if that means my body needs the extra or its the effects of it being the second week. I just know i'm happy that it went down and not up.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #14  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanDeNa View Post
Lisa32989, I think you were reading my mind ! Thank you for the latest & greatest info! I'm doing alternate products and do not have a coach, so reading these forums are the only thing helping me(of course, also the AWESOME members like you!) Thank you! You are an angle in deed!

Today I'm looking for a different sweetener. I use Sweet N Low, but my Facebook friend posted "Dr. Fibro" (Facebook users can take a look see) post that spoke about how fake sweeteners can increase inflammation. It's a good read/reminder/food for thought for anyone who is experiencing aches and pains. I have been experiencing (on & off) minor aches throughout the day. Definitely at night when I finally sit & relax. I know I'm not "young" any more (which is fine) but how quickly the aches come on & move around is odd. So I thought it is time to switch it up. I recently tried Truvia at BJs which was great, but found it isn't the choice either. Humm
Bless you all!

BTW: wonder if there are other 6' gals out there?

S/C/G: 194/184.5/165
I use NuNaturals clear Stevia drops and their Vanilla Stevia drops. I recently bought Sweet Leaf Stevia packets to carry with me. Sweet and Low is not recommended on this plan because it raises your blood sugar. I see nothing wrong with Splenda since its Sucralose and that is in some IP products.

Last edited by Hockeymom40; 01-23-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #15  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppy1974 View Post
Hello fellow IP members! Love reading everyone's posts. Thought I would say hi. It is chilly here in Florida, makes me want to stay in bed. My furry children sleep real close to me, keeping me nice and warm. Gotta love them!

NanDeNa, I'm not even close to 6' but I'm on alternate products, and am self coaching since there isn't a clinic near me and the IP products are too costly for this single mom. I just follow the protocol and use the ProtiDiet products.

My fiancee is becoming bothered by my weight loss. He says that watching me lose weight is making him feel fat. Also says now that I'm "skinny" I will be looking for another man. I tried to explain why I have decided to lose weight. He just seems more depressed lately and I'm not sure why. I didn't know losing weight would cause emotional feelings from him, I thought he's be excited.
Way to go Steppy! That's impressive that you are doing so well on your own. Weight loss rocks the boat in relationships. I hope your fiance comes on board and celebrates your success with you. Sounds like he's thinking he'd better not take you for granted--that's not a bad thing!

Last edited by mars735; 01-23-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Closed Thread