View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #17
Munchy

S/C/G: 128.8/125.8/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
Just about any place can be healthy, if you research it first. HEck, I can go to Sonny's BBQ, Outback, McDonald's, Chinese, Mexican, you name it, and still eat healthy and under my calories/fat/proteins/carbs. My sodium might be a wee bit higher than normal, but one day of a slightly higher sodium content won't be the death of me. Of course, I spend a good hour a day looking over my calories and deciding if and when I can eat out...and where. Not a lot of people are willing to do that.

Word of advise though...sometimes, the salads are not the healthiest choice Oh...and most restaurants offer fresh steamed veggies (except fast food joints) even if they don't advertise as such.
Agreed! You can really find a healthy item on any menu if you know what to look for. Go with grilled or broiled proteins, shy away from creamy, oily, buttery or cheesy sauce/dressing. When in doubt, ask for the sauces or high fat components of a meal to be served on the side so that you can control the amount that goes into your meal (I do this with nuts, cheese, or dressing for salads).

I always ask for my carb (potato/fries/rice/pasta) to be swapped for double vegetables.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote