View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 06:17 AM   #245
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, including snacks incrementing the streak to 64. DW offered a portion of brownie as part of dinner but I declined - two days in a row would be too much indulgence in baked stuff. She went ahead. I'm happy with that - glad to see the volume decreasing. Sometimes marriage just works out. I had an orange for evening snack - one that was juicy and tasty.

Running the new snow thrower was primary exercise, CREDIT moi. It isn't the same exercise for the back as shoveling, but it exercises muscles controlling the machine. About an equal amount of time was spent with a shovel for the places that required it. Took a walk, CREDIT moi, in the fresh snow to the library to swap some books. They were quiet since the schools were closed.

Cheryl (seadwaters) It's a Kudos day when you reduce your to-do list. [LOL at Sears pricing snow throwers in $AUD - perhaps to sell them at a freak show.]

nationalparker Apparently, getting to sleep on time is today's topic. Good luck coming to grips with that. Kudos for a nice dinner. (I'm a fan of Midnight in Paris.)

Motion-y Beth (bethFromDayton) Impressed that your Pilates trainer kept five of you going at different levels. Kudos for your openness to new exercises.

ForMyGirls - Neat to exchange fruit for hot chocolate. Super Kudos for recognizing the Sabotaging Thought, "it's been a draining day therefore i deserve ..."

AZtricia - LOL at the thought of your scale approving of your dinner choice. 1.5 lbs per week is a healthy trend. I found that my trend slowed as I approached my final weight. It took me several weeks to know that I had stopped.

flnu - The group here has learned to serve as Diet Coach for each other and welcome you to join that process. Huge Kudos, indeed, for following an eating plan for the fancy hotel dinner - that's a big one.

Super insight, "getting good sleep is my lynchpin" - it's so easy to get involved in a book and ignore higher priorities - done that many times myself. Glad that you've joined us.

Readers -
Quote:
day 11 Differentiate Between Hunger, Desire, and Cravings

Think about times in the past when you've leisurely finished a rather large meal, perhaps when eating out at a restaurant or during a family celebration. I wonder if you ever had such thoughts as, I'm still hungry ... I think I'll have seconds ... I'm hungry for dessert.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 118.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years