View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 11:05 PM   #63
Ruth Ann
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Just clarifying - 4 cups total for the day.

Have you tried rhubarb? It is a veggie but WAY more like a fruit. Looks like red/pink celery. Cut into chunks and cook in a pot with a little water, sweetener, cinnamon or nutmeg until soft and mushy. Some add gelatin and let it cool for a jelloish treat. I like to top I t with ProtiDiet oatmeal (unrestricted) and make a crisp. You can also buy it frozen when not in season. Great dessert or breakfast!

And of course you MUST have read about how AMAZING roasted veggies are - they are mentioned in just about every thread!!!
I love to cook the rhubarb and then add it to my raspberry jelly or vanilla pudding - yummy!

Roasted veggies are awesome and so are purees. I puree a cup of mushrooms and celery or bell pepper and add them to soups - gives them so much body.

Steaming or roasting cauliflower (and then puree if you want) and add it to the potato puree is just like having a really hardy potato soup.

There's so many ways to get your veggies in, you just have to be a little creative. Check out the recipe threads, so many good ideas.

And seriously, after a few weeks I was complaining that 4 cups of veggies really weren't enough!

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn