Thread: IP Daily Chat
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #51
skinnybride2be

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I am a computer nerd and a numbers geek. I weigh everyday and chart it in a spreadsheet. That spreadsheet also has my packets, how many total carbs, fiber and net carbs each day. Weight fluctuates everyday and one strange thing that has been consistent is about mid-week my weight goes up a pound and then by the end of the week it drops down for a loss. Sometimes the drop is big, sometimes it is small.

Another thing I have noted. The scale will be stubborn and not drop, but then my pants will all of a sudden loosen up. The scale drop always happens a couple of days after the pants loosening up.

So the scale is just one measure and you should not let it bother you. I track it daily because I love playing with numbers. I actually pay more attention to a weekly average of those numbers because that shows the trend.
I'm the same, I know you shouldn't weigh yourself daily, but I like to know how things are progressing and if I need to make changes. Starting tomorrow I'm going to eliminate my restricteds and see if that helps, then the following week only have 1 for the week, rather than everyday like I have been. I don't care if the number is a small loss, I just want to keep going in the right direction!