View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #4
Jean

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining after a morning of spitting snow and gloomy clouds. The wind continues to blow and it's -12 wind chill heading down to a possible -50 wind chill tonight. I'm sick of the cold temperatures! This was my morning to work in the gift shop and I've been awake since 3:30. Bob had a meeting in Des Moines and wanted to leave about 5. I goofed and set the tv to come on at 3:30 instead of 4:30, and then couldn't get back to sleep. I feel just plain lazy this afternoon and haven't accomplished a thing since I got home about 2. Bell choir practice has been canceled tonight because of the predicted cold. Everyone wants to stay home once they get there.

"Gma" -- I sure feel for you and the dryer vent problem. I hope Jack is able to fix it himself. I'm glad you're not facing another surgery, and hope the female issues have stopped permanently. The trip went fine; it was nice to meet new family members that we hadn't met before. Bob's brother put together family pictures and had the video running for anyone who wanted to sit and watch. Our wedding picture was in the mix, and everyone got a hoot out of how young his brothers and sister looked. The boys were in high school, or at least one was while the youngest one might have been in junior high. Heck, we all looked young!

Maggie -- I'm sick of the wind too! You are right in that I don't know anything about camping with a cat. I just know that all of our cats have been like our kids, and we wouldn't have moved without taking them along. I hope you can find Cecil a good home, with a dog he can bond with.

I need to pick up the kitchen and maybe vacuum. The again, maybe not the vacuum part. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote