South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Well, it's Wednesday Chat - January 22

Good morning from fffffreezing Central Canada where the temperature is way down near -40! Yup! It's cold. The Ottawa weather guy says it's the coldest winter in 20 years. I must look in my 1994 diary and see how much griping I did about the cold. Felt really rotten yesterday and babied myself for the day but today will be forced normal as the body seems to have recovered aside from the usual aches and pains.

Donna comes to clean tomorrow so today will bring a lot of tidying up. There's an old woman who lives here and leaver stuff around. The Santas are back in the mantle although I swear I put them away. I do have some Mill accounting to do - year end crud - but shoveling the deck steps so Disney can get down into the yard is prime. My dear old dog is having trouble getting off her chair in the morning and is a little leery about the steps down into the yard. Yes, she does get glucosamine and Metcam. I may give her a baby aspirin and see if that helps.

Since we are going to be stuck in this cold I am going to make a comforting beef stew today. I was going to invite my friend Joanne in for it tonight but remembered her 10 year old son is one of those kids who does not want his food touching. I know small kids can be like that but at 10? He's a bit of a drama queen.

Hey! It's Hump Day! I hope your hump is manageable today. Wishing you warmth as you experience your day.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Brrrrrrr morning Ruth and chicks to come. We are holding strong at 1, but wind chill puts us at -17. We don't usually go below zero except for this year. School is on a delay, but I will wake DS to help shovel in a bit.

PB muffin ladies, do these keep you full? I am having one for breakfast with my coffee (too lazy to make anything this morning). I figure I need to shake things up a bit to encourage the scale to drop a few digits.

Staying close to the fireplace today. Perhaps a grocery store run, but may decide to skip that too.

Cyndi thanks for the website I will look at it later today.

Come on spring!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth and Jennifer - brr!

I'm waiting for the east coast chicks to check in to see how they did with the storm yesterday. DS1 left work early and was calling DH to see how to use the low gears on the car to drive in the snow.

And speaking of sons... according to facebook, DS1 is now officially "in a relationship." I wonder if he'll ever say anything to his parents!

I've got to run some errands today, a bit further from home so grouped together. Tonight my mom and I are seeing the play Sister Act. I never want to drag myself out to the theater at night but usually enjoy it when I'm there.

Have a great day.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Karen have fun at the show. We lucked out with 6", but the winds right now are just brutal. Isn't it amazing what we learn about our children on Facebook. My ex called me, late last night. Talked about a meeting my DS had with his counselor (Apparentky the school called him not me). I spoke with DS about it. He was so non chalant. "Mom you know I am going to college. They didn't need to tell you that." Funny his dad knows too, lol sometimes I wonder about our school system
Old 01-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks, I was waiting for someone to start the thread .

Ruth, you're cracking me up with that little old lady roommmate of yours. There's a blog I've seen a few times on living minimalist, and that is SO APPEALING. LOL...not sure I can do it though. Bundle yourself up good tonight!

Jekel, those muffins fill me up really well, if I have two of them.

Karen, I'm grateful my kids aren't old enough to be on FB yet. With any luck, it will fall out of fashion by then.

I'm off to my short day of work with the kids...they're on the 2 hour delay as well (it's only 0 here). I have a meeting at work at 1, then an eye dr appt at 3, then a class at 7. That should stop my nibbles!

Time to start the car....
Old 01-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: See tracker!

Height: 5'4''

Good morning everyone! I hope you all stay really warm. Looks like it's wicked cold up north. Pretty chilly here for Texas standards, but for a nor'easter like myself it's a balmy winter day!

Yesterday was my rest day for working out, so I did just that...spent a lot of time hanging out with a new friend of mine. We crocheted our blankets and played this really silly game DH and I got for Christmas called Bohnanza! We hadn't opened it yet and it was really...interesting lol

Today's a big workout day. Lots of cardio and I'm starting the second half of my 30-day abs challenge. I'm not thrilled about it...too many sit-ups for my liking, but I'm challenging myself with it so the stubborn half of me is pushing me through it all.

Have a great day!!
Old 01-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me as I have a meeting with my boss in a few minutes. Stay warm to all of the those in - degree temperatures, we are going up to 30 something today and then drop back into teens tomorrow for high.

Geo the cat did pretty well last night, Blue was more excited then he was and Blue kept eating cat's food versus her own food so we had to put a leash on her so Geo could eat in peace. We shall see how today went when I got home.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/178.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Cold here in SW PA, was -4 Below zero with 5" of snow. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon from the frozen top of NY. We didn't quite match Ruth's temperature, only -29 when I left for work today. At least the beautiful sunshine keeps me mentally warm!

Ruth, I remember Jan. '94 well.. I had just had a baby and moved into a dilapidated old farmhouse with poor insulation. We set several records that month for 30 and 40 below! Ugh. When can I retire somewhere warmer?!?

Jennifer, DH loves those muffins but I'm stuck on the cheesecakes. I think both of them keep me full, but I also eat the early lunch shift. Did you venture out or stay in the warmth today?

Karen, I have the same problem with not wanting to go out at night. It is just too cold and dark right now!

If I sit much longer my workout won't happen. Guess it is time to get going!

Have a great evening, chicks, and keep warm!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

just a late in the afternoon fly-by for me. It was my day off because I have to work Friday this week. We slept in, ran some errands, and had lunch out. Now we are working up the energy to Wii a little

Hope everyone is staying warm
Old 01-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Late check in for me!

It's my brother's birthday today, and I successfully avoided cake and homemade ice cream. For now. Had a massage this afternoon and she used chocolate massage oil. Smelled heavenly!!

Amygrace- you can have my temperatures (+9) if I can have your snow! I hate cold without snow- it's just cruel.
Closed Thread