View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #160
Kellimomo3

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda52411 View Post
I'm new to the 3fatchicks group, so please be patient with me as I try to maneuver around this site.

I started with the Ideal Protein Diet, along with hubby, on Aug 5, 2013. I have gone from 189 pounds to now 132, with 2 more pounds to go, to achieve my weight loss goal. I imagine next week, we will be going from Stage 1 to Stage 2.

I have had MASSIVE hair loss... my doctor just started this diet in her clinic shortly before we started on the diet. She believes that my hair will likely grow back, once we get off the diet. Has anyone else found hair loss, and did it grow back, or is there something I should be / could be doing to help it grow back?

Hi there! I feel your pain! I had to totally phase off since my hair loss was so sudden and massive!!! I phased off in November and my hair is still coming out at the same rate. My doctor ran tests and everything is normal so she expects the hair loss to stop three months from when I phased off which will be mid February. I do notice hair growing back but I have long hair that I love so it will take forever!!! Glad I lost the 40 pounds but really hate this side effect for me! You asked what I was eating and I am doing phase 4. For breakfast, I either have Special K protein cereal with 1/2 grapefruit and plain greek yogart or an egg and whole grain lite english muffin instead of the cereal. Lunch I have my veggies and an IP protein bar and snack I have yogart, dinner I do phase 4. I'm not really doing a cheat day but as soon as I see a 140# on the scale, I do a phase 1 day and it goes right back down so that's what works for me. Good luck!!!!!!