View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #29
lisa32989
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I LOVE the roasted cabbage, too. I cannot believe how something I thought was icky and bland becomes one of my favorites.
I used to feel that way about brussels sprouts...just kinda bland/okay.
Until I started using fresh ones and roasting.
A whole new taste sensation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Carter View Post
Good morning everyone! Had weigh-in #3 this morning and I'm pretty disappointed with the loss (see signature). I had great losses the last two weeks, so I did expect this week's loss to be a little lower. The only difference between this past week and the 2 before that is that I added in Quest bars this last week. I treated them as a restricted. The first two weeks, I had no restricted items and had EAS or Premier Protein shakes for every IP "packet." I hope they don't affect my losses every week, as they're the one thing I really look forward to every day to eat.
The first week or two you lose the most because you're losing all the excess water weight, as well. After those weeks, losses tend to diminish but more of the weight lost will actually be fat!
Low carb is GREAT at reducing inflammation, which shows on the scale as water weight. After the first couple weeks, you just don't have as much inflammation anymore (healthier!)
You are doing GREAT! and the plan calculates a restricted in every day.