View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #22
ecdcslim
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/134/137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I have been thinking about my goal weight and have decided to change it. I am already in a size 6, so I really do not feel that dropping 20 pounds more will do anything for me, so I think I will go 10 more pounds and then start phase 2. Most of my size 6 are lose now, so I think this is a good decision. It was hard when I started to decide what a good weight would be. In the past I have gotten to 145 and then just stopped because I was tired of it, not because it was were I felt I should be. What is hard is 138 is still pretty heavy of a weight in my mind, and I need to get past that.
Do you know what your % of body fat & muscle is? At this point in your journey, that's probably more important. I bought the same Omron HBF-514C Full Body Composition Sensing Monitor and Scale from Amazon ($74.99) that they use at my clinic. It's really helpful to look at something besides the scale. I think the viseral fat, muscle & fat % and BMI are more important as you get close to your goal weight. Also, if you're a small or medium frame, I would think another 10 lbs would be the max you'd want to lose.