Old 01-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #1  

Default I am stalling

I have been on Atkins for about 3 weeks now. I am down about 7 pounds and I like that but I seem to be gaining and losing the same 1-2 pounds for the past week and a half. I typically have scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast or the last few days I have sometimes had an Atkins shake with 2 net carbs. Lunch is usually a salad, ranch dressing or some other low carb dressing. This week I have been eating the fake potato soup made with cauliflower and it is so good. I made a double batch in the crockpot and it had 2 bags of cauliflower, half a stick of butter, chicken broth, about a cup of coconut milk with no carbs, a block of cream cheese and about a cub of velveeta cheese. I know velveeta is not extremely low carb but that cup of velveeta was in a pot that was about 4 quarts. I sometimes garnish it with cheddar cheese, about 2 tablespoons, and maybe some bacon bits. I don’t think the soup is the problem. Supper is generally whatever meat I am serving the family, fish, chicken, roast beef and maybe some of the soup or another low carb veggie. This past Sunday I cheated a little and had some tortilla chips and rotel dip. I missed drinking the water I needed to drink over the weekend and maybe I need to increase that. Any suggestions?
jjarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

That's not a stall. You've only been eating this way for 3 weeks and you're averaging over 2 lbs loss per week. I'm sure you'll get a whoosh sooner or later. You need to eat clean (very little to no processed foods) and you absolutely need to drink your water. But, still, not a stall.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #3  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I agree, you're too early in to worry about stalling. I do find though that I occasionally need to limit the amount of cheese I'm eating when my losses slow. Your body needs time to adjust to what it's doing and level out the losses.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #4  

Thanks for the encouragement. I need to up my protein too I think.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:46 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I agree with the others, you are too early into this to be concerned with stalling. Your body needs time to adjust.
My suggestion would be to add more veggies & salads. 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day should be coming from veggies & salads on the acceptable foods list.
All the best to you
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

I agree with the others - the advice is to be PATIENT!

The next level of advice would be to ditch the Atkins shakes, by the way, for whole (real) foods. I make crustless quiches in muffin cups and those are super-quick to grab for breakfast on the run (or a snack). And maybe next time use real cheese instead of processed cheese-like Velveeta?
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:00 AM   #7  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

That weight will go away... It really will. I know how we get.. we want results. Numbers on a scale to show that our hard work is changing us. It will show up... it really will. Patience Patience Patience! I was in the 240s for 6 months (now I was not perfect during that time) I got frustrated, but I never quit. I am back moving forward. Check again what you are eating. Shakes are ok in a pinch.. but they are full of chemicals... eat REAL food... Velvetta is also full of chemicals and the SODIUM - WOWOOWOWOW... that is also a water holder. You will figure it out and then the scale will just behave and things will be bright and sunny as you are moving forward! Just believe you will do it!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 01-23-2014 at 08:00 AM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #8  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

I agree. Real food and patience. Trust the process.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #9  

Thanks guys. I am going to get back to basic food again. Now I did have an Atkins shake this morning because I didn't have time to cook any eggs and I was out of bacon. But I figure I am getting more protein, less calories and about the same carbs. Lunch is a grilled chicken salad with a little cheese and ranch dressing that I made with sour cream and coconut milk so I know the carbs for sure. Supper tonight will be grilled fish and brocolli. I just get bored with the food and want something that seems bad but really isn't like the fake potato soup. Going to look for a good low carb chili recipe for the weekend.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Check out Linda's Low Carb recipes. All those marked with an * are Induction friendly.
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote