Old 12-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #1  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Default Daily check in: were you under your calories today??

I tried to post but it said we exceeded the 500 post limit and to start a new thread! Hope everyone is okay that I started a new one.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Skelley!
Just a few leftovers left at my house, but I think I'm done with eating them.
Yesterday we had a leftover dinner but I didn't eat to the point of misery, as I did on Christmas. But I still ate a lot. One interesting thing is I decided to try to put it in MFP. And although I was at approx 2000 calories it said in 5 weeks I would weigh 3 pounds less if I ate like this every day. This was a lesson for me because in the past I would just say to myself. Ok I blew it so just finish off all sweets in the house, and in fact buy more because the new diet will start in a few days. But this showed me I can eat a lot some days and it isn't going to ruin the diet. I have been exercising more, walking an extra mile, and just generally active. I'm off work next week so I will keep up the extra exercising next week as well!
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #3  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Awwwww...you'd think we could start a new thread on Jan 1! Oh well...

1382 cals yesterday. Late night cheese&grapes snack was not a good idea, since I wasn't that hungry anyway. 26day and 7day cal averages both around 1250.

...plugging along...
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #4  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Hi all! Welcome back Skelley! Thanks for starting new thread...that was quick. Very proud of us the thread was only a couple of months old!..

Doing ok up a couple lbs I knw it is water weight due to Tom. .hated it!

Anyways back to the cal counting I didnt count yesterday either and I demolished the left overs I didnt give away..now they are all gone and I can start all over! Order Chinese food tonight but it will all be with in my calorie allotment.
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Hey Everyone. Hope you all had a great holiday. Christmas is always a bit tough living in Korea and away from all my family and friends. I'm glad I've got my husband here. And chocolate, way too much chocolate. I was over Xmas Eve and Xmas but have done well since.

I'm excited because I got my Fitbit Force. It's quite depressing to see how little I move some days. It's definitely going to be a motivator to get me back exercising and finally lose these last 10 pounds, hopefully!
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #6  
Sherry, Senior Member

Hello everyone!
Seemyfeet we could probably start a new thread on jan 1st if everyone wants too! I'm ready for jan 1st so I can really get serious and back on track, the holidays have totally screwed with me, I have been tracking calories but I've been way over and now at night it seems like all I want to do is binge! ice cream, chips, chocolate!! YIKES!

today has been good
Fitbit stats:
5,275 steps
2.33 miles
1,807 calories burned since midnight last night
1,182 calories eaten
67 oz water drank

I'm trying to do lower carbs, I think carbs are my trigger foods!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #7  

skelley331- I'm with you on the night eating. I do so well during the day, I plan everything out and pretty much eat it to a tee, then I get home and there's extra chocolate and snacks leftover from xmas and I can't help myself but eat some. It's worse on the weekend when I have access to them all day! Good for you on figuring out trigger foods. I try to pretend I don't have any, clearly a lie…it's all about chocolate. Up until a month ago I was fine with a proper serving of chocolate, 28 grams, now it's never enough and it causes me to go back for seconds and even thirds. Unfortunately my husband bought me a ton for xmas so there's lots of temptation.

My goal for the next bit is exercise. I really haven't done any set exercise since July which is terrible. However I now have no idea how much I should be eating. I think I'm going to take the next week or two to determine how much I should be eating. I was losing at 1570 doing no exercise at all. The last three days according to my new FitBit I've burned between 2100-2200 calories. On Xmas, when I never left the house it told me 1854. I'm not sure if this means I should be eating 200-300 more calories to account for exercise or if I should try to stick with 1570 but not beat myself up if I'm hungry and decide to eat more.

I'll still be checking in here, but I'm not sure if I'll be under my calories because I don't know what my calories are!!! Yesterday I was at 1652. It could have been lower since it included chocolate, wine and a hot chocolate.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #8  

ChangerGirl,
Hope you like your Fitbit! I got the fitbit one and am really loving it. I have my goal set at 10,000 steps and find myself walking more and exercising more with it. I haven't quite figured out how it works if you do something like spinning, but all I do are the Walk at Home DVDs which are basically steps anyway. I have to input the specific exercise I do in MFP with the calories I estimate which is way more than the fitbit says I did. Maybe I shouldn't input the exercise and calories. Idk! I am not eating the extra calories it says I burned by just sitting around.

Still lots of chocolate sitting around my house as well. I hit a new low this am and was shocked! Especially to have it happen after the extras I've been eating but as I learned earlier this month if I mix up my foods and calories my body responds.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #9  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changergirl View Post
skelley331- I'm with you on the night eating. I do so well during the day, I plan everything out and pretty much eat it to a tee, then I get home and there's extra chocolate and snacks leftover from xmas and I can't help myself but eat some. It's worse on the weekend when I have access to them all day! Good for you on figuring out trigger foods. I try to pretend I don't have any, clearly a lie…it's all about chocolate. Up until a month ago I was fine with a proper serving of chocolate, 28 grams, now it's never enough and it causes me to go back for seconds and even thirds. Unfortunately my husband bought me a ton for xmas so there's lots of temptation.

My goal for the next bit is exercise. I really haven't done any set exercise since July which is terrible. However I now have no idea how much I should be eating. I think I'm going to take the next week or two to determine how much I should be eating. I was losing at 1570 doing no exercise at all. The last three days according to my new FitBit I've burned between 2100-2200 calories. On Xmas, when I never left the house it told me 1854. I'm not sure if this means I should be eating 200-300 more calories to account for exercise or if I should try to stick with 1570 but not beat myself up if I'm hungry and decide to eat more.

I'll still be checking in here, but I'm not sure if I'll be under my calories because I don't know what my calories are!!! Yesterday I was at 1652. It could have been lower since it included chocolate, wine and a hot chocolate.

Changergirl: I'm glad you accepted my invite on myfitnesspal, as far as the calories burned 1854 you said showed when you never left the house on xmas day, the fitbit flex band I wear 24/7 except when showering starts from midnight to midnight and it calculates the calories burned while resting and daily activities! I love how my flex band calculates my calories I can eat as the day goes on , I have it set for calories in calories out! I was doing so great before the holidays so my true goal is to start back on 1/1/14 and get these last 15 lbs off hopefully for good.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #10  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 View Post
ChangerGirl,
Hope you like your Fitbit! I got the fitbit one and am really loving it. I have my goal set at 10,000 steps and find myself walking more and exercising more with it. I haven't quite figured out how it works if you do something like spinning, but all I do are the Walk at Home DVDs which are basically steps anyway. I have to input the specific exercise I do in MFP with the calories I estimate which is way more than the fitbit says I did. Maybe I shouldn't input the exercise and calories. Idk! I am not eating the extra calories it says I burned by just sitting around.

Still lots of chocolate sitting around my house as well. I hit a new low this am and was shocked! Especially to have it happen after the extras I've been eating but as I learned earlier this month if I mix up my foods and calories my body responds.

can add me as a friend on fitbit: here is my user name http://www.fitbit.com/user/285HVL
Old 12-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #11  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Morning all!

I've been hearing cardinals outside my window in the morning. Will Spring be here soon?

Way to go with the exercise ladies! I'm not there yet--I decided to forget about exercise until I lose some more lbs, and I'm focusing on diet to get me there. Doesn't keep me from lifting a dumbbell or two, doing planks and (attempting) the hula hoop. Hopefully, by Spring, I will have worked my way up to daily exercise.

...but that won't happen at the rate I'm going! Calories have been above 1300 the past 5 days. Ugh. I did so well over the holidays, don't know why I'm being so bad now. Average over the past 7 days is 1350--not too bad, but I don't lose when cals are this high. The bratty half of my brain seems to be winning these days. I'm eating healthy, but especially yesterday, more carbs than usual.

Time to put the brat in time-out! Let's plug along, ladies! Keep going!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #12  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! A little bird told me this was an active thread! *waves to SeeMyFeet*

I aim for 1200 calories per day, and usually I come in a bit under. Yesterday was a challenging day - like most of this week has been. I was 550 calories over.

I think participating in this thread could help me stay accountable, so here I am!

What do you all use for tracking? I use the loseit app, which I love because of all the great features (even in the free version). Th recipe builder part is really good, and I love that it is seamless between my phone, ipad, and computer.

Last edited by Llilith; 12-29-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
can add me as a friend on fitbit: here is my user name http://www.fitbit.com/user/285HVL
Ok, just did it!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llilith View Post
Hi everyone! A little bird told me this was an active thread! *waves to SeeMyFeet*

I aim for 1200 calories per day, and usually I come in a bit under. Yesterday was a challenging day - like most of this week has been. I was 550 calories over.

I think participating in this thread could help me stay accountable, so here I am!

What do you all use for tracking? I use the loseit app, which I love because of all the great features (even in the free version). Th recipe builder part is really good, and I love that it is seamless between my phone, ipad, and computer.
Welcome Lilith!
I use MFP. I love it and use the free version too. That's cool about the recipe builder on loseIt. I don't know if MFP has that but I've done great with it so don't want to change now.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #15  

SeeMyFeet- I'd say what you're doing is exercising!! I know I'd count it as it at least. I definitely focused on dropping weight before exercising as well. I originally lost 40 pounds in 6 months on diet alone. I started exercising and lost nothing over the course of 2 months. It really discouraged me so I figured I'd go back to just diet until I was more comfortable at my weight and I am now so that's why I'm starting to exercise again.

Llilith- Hello and welcome! This group is definitely active and it helps me stay accountable. Like quite a few people on here I use MFP and have for just over a year now. I love it but I've heard great things about Loseit too. I think it's all about finding what works for you.

I want to thank everyone in here who have added me on MFP. I know it's going to make me much more accountable as you guys can actually see what I'm eating. I'm really liking the Fitbit and I know it'll take me a bit to get used to it.

CalCounter1003- what I've started doing is any exercise that the fitbit won't count, aka spinning I'll input into MFP. If it is a walking or running based activity I'll log it but put it in with 1 calorie so I can keep track of minutes but not have it count twice, once from FB and once from MFP. I don't know if that's how I'm supposed to do it but it makes sense to me. As I said it's going to take a bit to figure out all the kinks.

skelley331- what you said about fitbit makes sense. And I think taking off a couple days or even a week or two isn't going to ruin your diet. It took a lot longer than a week to gain all the weight originally right?

And for what I came here for...I ended yesterday at 1587. Which is great and I managed to avoid most of the sweets in the house which is even better.