Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 06:03 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-21-2014, 06:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good cold snowy morning. I am ready for winter to be done, but unfortunately we will probably go into March with this one!

Drive into work will be icy dicey since they probably won't have country roads cleaned yet. Such is life.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #3  

We have a small amount of snow as well. Unfortunately, when snow hits right before rush hour, it doesn't matter if it is an inch or a foot, traffic is a mess.
ETA: They just reported the roads were wet when it started snowing and the temps dropped quickly. So there is very little snow but a sheet of ice under it & the road treatments didn't work due to temps falling so fast right before the snow. Now we have wind chill of -5.

They have called off schools so my 3 day weekend has turned into a 4 day weekend. I'm getting tired of it. We have to make up these days and I prefer to be off after Memorial Day!

Oh well, I'll head to the gym for an extra class this morning (still not recovered enough yet for water aerobics) and maybe some light weight training.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-21-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Sitting in front of gym waiting for her to open at 7. We are getting 6-10" and school is called and DH working from home. Expected to start by 9 AM. Crock pot cooking tonight and I think I'll spend today cleaning medicine cabinets and then making Valentines ! Stay safe and off the roads once it starts.. Where ever you are!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-21-2014 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #5  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

We're supposed to get quite a bit here too. I work on a military installation, so hopefully they close post before it gets too bad, so I don't have to drive in it in my little car. Everyone please be careful on the roads!!

So I've made it back into onderland this morning and it feels great! My mom came to visit me for the long weekend and although I was low carb all the way, I know my portion sizes were not IP on Friday evening when she brought over steak and shrimp - yum! And I overindulged. But the rest of the weekend I avoided temptation (bacon for breakfast) and stayed OP. Question about Mio and/or Crystal Light... I bought some this weekend because I just need some flavor in my water. How much is acceptable?
Old 01-21-2014, 08:02 AM   #6  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, no snow last night but it is minus 31 with the windchill! Brrr! It was so nice and mild last week and we lost most of our snow, but we got it all back and then some between Sunday and yesterday. I am ready for spring. No more snow and cold, and i plan to be 25 lbs lighter by then.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 01-21-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Question about Mio and/or Crystal Light... I bought some this weekend because I just need some flavor in my water. How much is acceptable?
I limit myself to one a day.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #8  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

All of you facing bad weather please stay safe!

We've had such a mild winter - one day of snow that didn't last and a few freezing days but 40s and rain otherwise.

OojoyoO: If I remember right, some clinics allow up to 6 servings of "extras" (Mio, WF, etc.) a day. I stay away from the Mio, etc. for the most part because it sets off my acid reflux and add strong brewed herbal teas to my water instead if I need a change.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #9  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I limit myself to one a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

OojoyoO: If I remember right, some clinics allow up to 6 servings of "extras" (Mio, WF, etc.) a day. I stay away from the Mio, etc. for the most part because it sets off my acid reflux and add strong brewed herbal teas to my water instead if I need a change.
Thanks ladies!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:55 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4

good morning everyone, I have been on IP diet for 8 weeks now and started phase 2 last week. I have been finding that every morning this week after I have my drink packet my stomach is feeling sick. Could it be possible I could becoming sensitive to the IP products?
Old 01-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
We have a small amount of snow as well. Unfortunately, when snow hits right before rush hour, it doesn't matter if it is an inch or a foot, traffic is a mess.
ETA: They just reported the roads were wet when it started snowing and the temps dropped quickly. So there is very little snow but a sheet of ice under it & the road treatments didn't work due to temps falling so fast right before the snow. Now we have wind chill of -5.

They have called off schools so my 3 day weekend has turned into a 4 day weekend. I'm getting tired of it. We have to make up these days and I prefer to be off after Memorial Day!

Oh well, I'll head to the gym for an extra class this morning (still not recovered enough yet for water aerobics) and maybe some light weight training.
Having driven in traffic in St Louis area(Sis in law lives in Wentzville), I totally sympathize. At least us country folks handle the snow fairly well.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Good morning, all, and congrats to OojoyoO on reaching onederland!

I'm on day 16 and all is going pretty well. I do have a few questions/concerns and would appreciate some feedback.

1. I think I may be using too much olive oil. I add it to my lunchtime salad dressing (2 tsp) but then I'll also toss some with my veggies in the evening to roast them. Does any of the oil "cook off" or am I being bad?

2. I've been fighting a bit of a virus since Saturday (bad sore throat/ears, kind of stuffed up). This seems to be going on longer than my usual ailments. At 900-ish calories a day does my body have the energy it needs to fight the germs? Does anyone go off plan a little during sickness?

3. I keep getting little heart flutters - maybe three or four times a day. No pain or anything startling. Just little flutters. Anyone else get that? This is not my first time trying a low carb diet so I doubt ketosis is the cause (like many here, I've tried just about everything!), but it is the first time I've had so few calories a day. Any suggestions?

Thanks, all. I cannot believe the success I've had so far - 8 pounds in two weeks, which is amazing for me and quadruple my normal rate of weight loss. Would love to keep going with this program, so I'm grateful for any suggestions/solutions anyone can offer.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

65x65
Thank you for taking the time to write your inspirational story. It is a definitely motivational and I will copy it so that I can look back on it over and over when i need a boost. Again, thank you.

My goal is to hit my goal weight by my birthday or close to it, except that my birthday is in early April. From the looks of it, that my be overly ambitious, but I will persevere. My long time goal is to maintain my goal or even get down to my high school weight of 128 by my daughter's wedding in October. (I weighed even less in college, but at my age I fear that may be either unhealthy or unattractive.) I see that this forum and the kind, encouraging people on it, will be part of my journey.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone!

Those of you getting snow and ice and yucky roads - please take it easy and stay home if you can!

We're getting more snow and it's cold here - but that's pretty much how it always is

Had a really good day yesterday - felt good, got lots accomplished at work and managed to help my son with his homework. I think it might not be much longer that I'm able to do that, lol!

Have a great IP day!

Jo
Old 01-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Morning! It amazes me how different our climates are. I don't have a jacket on today and may regret wearing boots! Our weather likes to change fast . I think it may dip down to 29 tonight. My cajun blood doesn't know how to function in that weather!

0ojoyo0 like Ruth Ann said, some clinics allow 6 'servings' a day of Mio/WF type products but I think if you allowed yourself 6 of mio, you'd regret it. When I first discovered them, I used it quite often. I still lost but not as quickly as the week before. Since that was the only thing I had changed in my eating habits, I figured that was why. One day, I just wasn't feeling water and used a drop in each 24oz glass of water I drink (total of 5 of those) and had a headache. I think if you have too much it causes water retention!

nettie, it could be a reaction to the soy. Someone with soy allergies may be more well versed than I am. Also, if I take my vitimans before my drink, my stomach hurts. When are you taking those?
Closed Thread