View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #8
Mad Donnelly

S/C/G: 212/157/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgeog View Post
But I was a couch potato who could not run 30 seconds. Now I can run 30 minutes. It has been tranformative probably literally from my cellular level all the way up.
How long did it take for you to be able to run 30 minutes? Also, you are low carb, right? So are you in ketosis.

I am trying right now to wrap my head around that exercise on a ketoadaptive diet means your body is using fat as fuel so that what you eat either before or after exercise is not as important.

I used to think that exercise made me hungrier, but I don't think I've ever done low carb AND exercised a lot before. I was still trying to slog through what advice well-meaning trainers but essentially WRONG were telling me. You know, complex carbs, low fat, blah, blah, blah. All the things that leave me famished. So, of course, once your body burns through the glycogen and has not yet turned over to your fat stores as a fuel, you're going to feel hungry. I am not finding that now, tho, that I'm on low carb and running/walking.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote