View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
diamondgeog

I guess it does vary. Plenty of people conquer their weight problems with exercise and in particular running to be a big part of it.

I know that quote is popular, you can't out train a bad diet. I never understood the point of it quite. Of course it is true. But how many people go, yeah I'm working out, I am going to eat garbage because I can with all these calories burned? Does that occur to many people in real life?

I also think you need to see if a study applied to you. How many of those marathon runners were 285 like I was? Sure there can be diminishing returns. But I was a couch potato who could not run 30 seconds. Now I can run 30 minutes. It has been tranformative probably literally from my cellular level all the way up.

I don't think the majority of people who run are marathoners. And certainly people needing to loose around 100lbs or so like me probably loose most of it at 5K to 10K distances.

I can't see 0.000001% of 100 lb overweight formally sedentary people gaining weight if they could somehow train for a marathon.

Last edited by diamondgeog : 01-21-2014 at 02:29 PM.