Thread: IP Daily Chat
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #12
trinny

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, all, and congrats to OojoyoO on reaching onederland!

I'm on day 16 and all is going pretty well. I do have a few questions/concerns and would appreciate some feedback.

1. I think I may be using too much olive oil. I add it to my lunchtime salad dressing (2 tsp) but then I'll also toss some with my veggies in the evening to roast them. Does any of the oil "cook off" or am I being bad?

2. I've been fighting a bit of a virus since Saturday (bad sore throat/ears, kind of stuffed up). This seems to be going on longer than my usual ailments. At 900-ish calories a day does my body have the energy it needs to fight the germs? Does anyone go off plan a little during sickness?

3. I keep getting little heart flutters - maybe three or four times a day. No pain or anything startling. Just little flutters. Anyone else get that? This is not my first time trying a low carb diet so I doubt ketosis is the cause (like many here, I've tried just about everything!), but it is the first time I've had so few calories a day. Any suggestions?

Thanks, all. I cannot believe the success I've had so far - 8 pounds in two weeks, which is amazing for me and quadruple my normal rate of weight loss. Would love to keep going with this program, so I'm grateful for any suggestions/solutions anyone can offer.