Old 01-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #291 Bales of Turtles Looking 2014 Square in the Face!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:01 PM   #2  
I'm Shay

S/C/G: 215/198/159

Height: 5'7"

Just checking in on the new thread, still hanging in there.
justsayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

So the lesson I learned is that if you are taking diet pills. You have to remember to eat. It wasn't on purpose. It was a crazy night at work, so food wasn't exactly my top priority. Hope everyone is well. So I have finally joined a gym.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #4  
Chick

Hi turtles!
Happy New Year. We can do this.

Okay, Life------remember to eat! So glad you have joined a gym. That will help along with how busy and active you are at work. You're doing great.
Keep up the good work-- You are really knocking off the pounds.
Weigh to go.

Shay, good to see you and hanging in there is a good place to be. We're through some pretty tough weeks-------most would say the toughest of the year, so we are all ready to tackle our weight again.

I had my WI today and stayed exactly the same. I am so pleased. I had knocked off some weight by being very careful. Then I had two weeks without meetings. I gained some during the holidays, but I also worked hard to get it off and that's a good thing. My goal this week is to lose another pound. Anyone up for a challenge? I'll set one up if you'd like to let me know how you'd like it to run.

: the simple start program looks interesting. If what I'm doing stops working, I will definitely give it a try.
It looks like a bit more bread/starch than I can handle, but I'll see how my buddies at WW's make out. Have a great day. Onward and downward.

Judy
234.6/195/180's and thinner
Old 01-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all. Rain and warmer temps has all the snow melting and that is ok with me! We have lots of clean up to do in the yard since the snow storm brought down lots of tree limbs, etc - always something that needs attention.

I am having a flare up with the bulged disk / pinched nerve in my neck again, not sure what has it going this time around but the pain mgmt doctor could not see me till next week so I am just trying to get thru this until I can get some relief. I did not exercise at all last week and it will effect my efforts that is for sure.

I have not had a chance to really look at the new option at WW but I did get the leaflet that they handed out for it... just have not looked at it.

I am still trying to get the house cleaned out of the food/sweets that worked their way in over the holidays... but over all the I think we did ok but I am ready to get it all out and welcome spring in here anytime mother nature feels inclinded to send the warmer temps our way

Judy: Great job that you are holding steady! I would take that over the holiday season any day of the week! Means you enjoyed the Holidays but did not overdo it!

Bandit: Our TOPS meetings have been cancelled for a few weeks now due to weather but I should be interesting seeing how everyone has done. How are you doing?

All: Has anyone tried a good recipe lately or have any ideas for low point/filling snacks?
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
The new option at WW's looks very doable. It is a Simply Filling idea---with 7 points plus of indulgences daily if you want them. I am not going to try that program yet since it allows lite bread and I'm not eating bread right now. However, I can totally see this new plan when I get fed up with what I am doing and want to make a switch. In my mind, this is something I could lose weight on.

Princess, I am sorry about your neck. You have had to deal with that a lot, so I'm sending healing vibes that you feel well and can get back to
that won't hurt you.

As far as a low point/filling snack.....................gosh, I am trying to stay away from sugary things. I will eat 2 Clementines and it's not as though I think they are so filling, but they take a time to peel and eat and then the craving passes. Also..............and this will sound crazy............but I cooked up a batch of chicken drumsticks and the protein does fill me in. So you may very well catch me eating a drumstick at nine o'clock at night. Also, I keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge. The protein holds me much better than anything else including something with fiber.

Sending : to all the Turtles. Keep on keepin' on. We can do this.
Life gets in the way more often than not, but we know what to do and how to do it. Onward and downward.

My WW WI is tomorrow and I'm hoping to be down 1/2#. I'll let you know.
Judy
234.6/195/180's and thinner
Old 01-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #7  
Chick

Hi turtles,
Went to WW WI this morning and I'm down .6#. I had hoped to lose `1# but at least I'm going in the right direction.
Talk soon.
May try the new program of Simple Start.
judy
234.6/194.4/180's and thinner
Old 01-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #8  

Hi Turtles
Sorry it has been so long since I checked in. Looks like everyone is still turtling forward. I started some pills for my stomach issues that have helped slightly but have gained some of my weight back. I am stuck around 160. I wouldn't mind going back down to 155 or so. Simply Start sounds interesting. Can someone try to explain it to me since I don't have the money for meetings and usually do my program from home.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:44 PM   #9  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Cherry, good to hear from you and glad you have been so successful.
Weigh to go!

Simple Start is a complete booklet that works from the Simply Filling part of the WW program. It contains recipes and menu suggestions. The way it works is you don't have to weigh, measure, or track. The catch is that you eat until you are satisfied, not full. three meals, a couple of snacks if you need them, and a daily allowance of 7 points plus for indulgences. If you don't use Monday's 7 points plus, you cannot bring them over to Tuesday.
Gee, do you have a Simply Filling program? Also, if you don't have that, the back of our weekly trackers have a pretty complete list of simply filling foods.
Lean proteins, fiber rich carbs, vegetables ---non starchy, lite bread, ff dairy
and basically as close to sf, ff as you can get. Hope this helps.

Good luck and keep up the good work.
Judy
234.6/194.6/180's and thinner
Old 01-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi all and happy Friday!

I went in for a spinal injection on Wednesday but it is not really helping too much... I go to see a spinal sugeon next week finally! I am really trying for lasting relief! The hubs and I also managed to pick up a cold bug so we are going to have a low-key weekend I think which is ok with me.

I have not tired the new plan but might review it and give it a try at some point soon. I am trying to just not have a gain right now to be honest.

Judy: Sounds like you have things going in the right direction and congrats on the loss! Love the clementines! I eat a few at a time but I figure it is better than other options in the kitchen.

Bandit: How are you doing? Lots of snow for us, seems to snow a bit each day - I am ready for spring

Cherry: So good to see you posting and best wishes that they get your tummy issues on track!

Life: How are you doing?
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:03 PM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, I hope your spinal surgeon can get some relief for you. You seem to have been dealing with this pain for a long time . Feel better. I have had so many times in my life when I put the "weight loss" on hold, but worked really hard to stop a gain. When I was able to do that, I considered myself successful. When you catch your breath, the Simple Start is worth looking into. I've done it (as close as I can) for three days. Getting thru a Saturday is a real accomplishment for me. I did very well on Core a long time ago.
I lost about 25# in that year and my other numbers were good as well.
Simple Start is Core with added lite bread. I still have to watch my carbs and putting bread back into my food for the day does kick up cravings I don't have if I avoid breads and grains completely. On the other hand, I
find this easier to do than cutting out the above.

Princess, feel better soon. Get over that cold bug. Not fun!
Bandit, always good to hear from you. Our weather is going to get really cold again, but today wasn't too bad.
Cherry, hope my info helped you.
Life, keep up the good work.
The Newbies, chime in when you can because it's so good to hear from Turtles.

Have a good weekend.
Judy
Old 01-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - cold, cold & colder starting tomorrow.

On a nicer note, I became a Grandma for the 1st time last Thurs.
Baby boy 7 lbs named Patrick Bruce, so that has been very exciting.
DD doing great and all is well. So, I missed my Tops meeting that evening.

Weight has been pretty much staying the same for the last few weeks, so
time to get back to losing. No excuses!

All - hope you are all doing great & keeping warm!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:43 AM   #13  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Oh Bandit, this is such exciting news! Good luck with this little baby, Grandma! Wishing your daughter, little Patrick Bruce, and you all the best and most joy in the world!

Glad you were able to keep your weight stable during this exciting time.
Yes, I'm trying hard to knock off some of this excess weight too. The time just seems right.

Princess, good luck with the surgeon's appointment. Always good to hear from you
Cherry, keep chiming in
Life 4, you've got a good job now. so glad you're through school and this is working out. Your weight loss is great. Keep it up.
Shay, keep on chiming in. It's good hearing from you

I am going to WI this morning since we are expecting another ten inches of snow starting later today. that means the center may be closed at WW's.
We missed two Wed. meetings during Christmas and New Year's and it wasn't easy to "stay tight" during that time. We can go to other meetings
but somehow I wasn't able to work that out. So I think I will make that happen today.

Best of everything. Let's make this happen!
Judy
Old 01-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #14  
I'm Shay

S/C/G: 215/198/159

Height: 5'7"

Checking in, I have been AWOL, had pneumonia & bronchitis, way too many antibiotics & other things I have been taking. I was doing really well until I got sick, I know I am still bloated from all the different medications I have been on so I am changing my weight on the signature & stuff back up some. I have felt better this week & finally decided to weigh today & see where I am. Not happy with the weight, but feeling better & it will be lower some by next weekend.
justsayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:06 AM   #15  
Chick

Hi turtles,
Shay, glad you are feeling better. Yes, this top bloat will go away now that your body is back to normal. Weigh to go for chiming in!!!

Bandit, are you having the best time with your new little grandson? I am so happy for you.

My newest (and I think last) grandchild is so sweet. She is nine months old and just a wonder. So cute and playful.

We've got lots going on here and for the first time all this chaos has lessened my appetite rather than increasing it. I lost weight last week and it looks like I have lost another pound this week. I'll have to work to keep it off by my WI on Wed. By the way, I called Jenny Craig lately and they were nice enough to share my weight loss history with them.. I got down to 182# with them, but then I started yo yoing with them and quit. At that point in 2012 I was going to WW's for friendship and Jenny Craig to lose weight since counting points plus wasn't quite enough for me. It worked for awhile, but I did gain it all back. Now I really have short term goals for myself and I'm working at this.

Sending good vibes to all the turtles. Really pretty cold here!
Wishing us all the best. Onward and downward for us all! :

Judy
234.6/193/180's