View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 04:22 PM   #26
AwShucks
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

You look fantastic! Congratulations! Lots of good information here, also. I've begun weight training in the last few months and LOVE it! I do tabata drills in a class at my gym, and I'm amazed that I can lift more than some of the other girls. It's such a good feeling to get stronger!

I started because I wanted to decrease the size of my upper arms. I'm a pear shape, and thus have big thighs and arms. Guess what? It's working! So, don't think you'll bulk up automatically. I'm actually slimming down in a lot of areas, but most noticeably my arms. I didn't measure - didn't want to know exactly how BIG they were, but I can wear shirts that had tight sleeves just a few months ago. My arms have definitely reduced.

And, I second the tightening of the booty! I'm just beginning a running program, and the dreaded "jiggle" was my main reason for not starting sooner in my weight loss journey. Since weight training, it doesn't seem to be so much of an issue... not enough to hold me back, anyway.

I could've lived my whole life and never lifted a free weight -- so glad I just gave it a shot!

Losing again since January 2012

"Tomorrow is a new day; You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson
(3.10.14) I resolve to lose the last 60lbs to make it all the way to goal! One blossom = 5lbs
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote