Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #1  
etta

S/C/G: 185/178/150

Height: 5 foot 9

Default does anyone here take l-glutamine for depression?

I've heard that it can be helpful in rebuilding the gut lining (good for people with IBS, celiac, etc) and that it can also help people who suffer from depression. I took one pill yesterday and noticed an unmistakable increase in energy. I know it's usually marketed as something to help build muscles and help you recover after a strength training workout, but it can have psychological benefits as well.
ettaheynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #2  

yes absolutely!! L-glutamine is absolutely essential...and also if you are dealing with depression take some GAVA. I never noticed a huge boost in energy from the GAVA but *absolutely* as far as my mental health...no more crashes basically and really keeps me thinking straight and clear - I love it!

Also, I've been taking three softball capsules of CLA (NOW brand - not CLA Extreme because that has soy in it but just the regular CLA) before my workouts and that seriously gives me an energy boost at 5 in the morning!
RideRunRepeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/125/123

Height: 5'4"

I take L-glutamine powder to keep my blood sugar stable. i take 1/8 tsp under my tongue 10 minutes before eating. It helps enormously with not being hungry all the time, and when I do get hungry, it's not the panicky low blood sugar crash, it's just hungry.

I used to carry food around with me all the time in case I got hungry, now it doesn't bother me.
Just Dance Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #4  

".and also if you are dealing with depression take some GAVA"

Hi..Do you mean Kava or Gaba? I've never heard of Gava just want to confirm. thanks
davina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dance Girl View Post
I take L-glutamine powder to keep my blood sugar stable. i take 1/8 tsp under my tongue 10 minutes before eating. It helps enormously with not being hungry all the time, and when I do get hungry, it's not the panicky low blood sugar crash, it's just hungry.

I used to carry food around with me all the time in case I got hungry, now it doesn't bother me.
You describe what I tend to do. For me it causes a fear of being hungry... have you experienced the same, Just Dance Girl?
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote