South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 07:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's the Weekend! January 18th & 19th

Good morning! Woke to whining and whimpering at my bedroom door - Jazz wanted to snuggle. I must have not closed the kitchen door and he got a bad case of separation anxiety. Coffee is good this morning though.

Did not get much done yesterday but did do the Bank stuff and get a few groceries in the morning. Tackled the desk for a while in the afternoon and then sat and sipped tea and read. That felt really decadent and is something I seldom do in the daytime.

Must make a flying trip to the hardware store in the city for a few niggles like new smoke detectors, sink plug and thingie for the folding door in the kitchen. Anybody want to lend me their DH or SO for a day? I have lots of odds and sods to keep him busy.

Whatever you do today, enjoy. It's the WEEKEND!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's too bad I can't talk Jake into going up there, Ruth, maybe you can entice him? I'm not having any luck. Handyman stuff is right up his alley, he loves to tinker around and fix things.

We don't have any plans for the day so far. Monica and Carley may come out this afternoon, and I'll go and check on Dad at some point, but other than that, the day is up for grabs. I did some make ahead meals yesterday and made Kalyn's Sausage and Kale Mock Lasagna (using veggie Italian sausage) that I'm looking forward to for tonight's supper.

I was expecting snow today but there's no sign of it so far and it looks like the sun is trying to make an appearance.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning ladies and happy long weekend! Sitting here with my coffee enjoying the sunrise colors. I hate how late the sun comes up right now but DH pointed out that the days are getting longer are by February you can really notice it. I really must move somewhere warmer when I retire!

Nothing much on the agenda today. I need to do laundry and grocery shop, as always, but other than that I may get to finish the book I started last weekend.

Coffee anyone?
Old 01-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, Ruth, Linda, Beth, and all who follow.

I'm not scheduled to work this weekend for the first time in a while. DH and I will watch a nephew's basketball game this morning. (We saw his brother's game last weekend.) I'm hoping that by tomorrow the hiking trail will be open since warm temps are predicted and we haven't hiked sine Puerto Rico. So it will be back on the treadmill for a stroll this morning.

Committing on here to not eat Kind bars worked for me so I'm going to do that again. No Kind bars this weekend. Oh, and none of the gluten-free muffins DH got at Costco either!

Have a great weekend.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:25 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

On the fly.... Up to project. I've spent my morn stripping paint off hinges

Maybe I'll get back later
Old 01-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Sitting here letting my hair color work it's magic before rinsing so thought I would stop in for a minute.

Yesterday got grocery shopping done and most of the laundry done so today will be minor cleaning and DD's and I will go shopping for fun today. I would like to get something to change up my lineup for clothes but at the same time I don't want to get in the size I am now so we shall see.

Ruth even though I have a DH it is I who does all of the niggles and to do's around here. I am better at it then he is

Cottage and Beth enjoy your day's

Karen hope you get your hike in soon

Debbie I will be glad for you when your projects are done but then I am sure you will line up another one you are one busy lady

The weather is supposed to get up to a rainy 43 degrees I will take it
Old 01-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Well, the morning escaped me! We are having a huge dump of snow and I kept waiting for it to stop and it didn't. Just got out of my jammies and dressed now. The snow is still coming down and I am in for the day. Did get the mill finance stuff done and posted plus cooked some chicken livers for the 4-legged critters. I could start to enjoy this goofing off!

Right now I.m sipping some peach and ginger tea. Yummy!
Old 01-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Afternoon chicks. We got a surprise dumping of snow yet we are supposed to reach a high if 49 today. Hmmmmmm

Spending my work day cleaning and organizing the Supervisor's office. Totally not in my job description. Since I seem to get stuck inside a lot I figured I better get this place in order. Typical men cannot throw anything away. I am the junior sergeant which stinks at times.....like today lol

At least I am off tomorrow
Old 01-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good afternoon chicks! I'm sitting in the waiting room of hospital, ds couldnt handle being in the room. I do wish some people would turn down their rap music though...
papa is having surgery monday, he broke his vertebra and couldnt take the pain anymore. I'm mostly moral support for dh, and to make hot healthy meals for the family, something I'm good at .
How do people always post with their phones!?
Old 01-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #10  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

hello there i am back(if anyone remembers me) trying to get the motivation to restart the diet. i have a hard time at work due to lack of time( at home to cook and at work to stop and eat right) to eat like i should. cause i dont have time i grab some bread and eat it like in 2 second and go back to work. help. hihi good luck to all that are doing the diet. trying to start.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:45 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Better late than never. I'd like to say I've been very busy and got lots done and that's why I didn't get here, but mostly we slept. First we slept in. Then we ran errands, then we napped. All in all it's been a perfect snowy day off
Old 01-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Happy Sunday! After goofing off a lot yesterday, I need to put it in fifth gear today. We're still getting snow and the darned polar vortex is coming back. I forsee another jammie day this week.

Laundry, a trip to the hardware store in the city and doing a Mill financial report should fill the day. that trusty Fanny Focus can handle the snow when backing out of the barn. I already have corned beef in the crockpot for dinner tonight. That'll be a nice smell to come home to after being in town!

By the way, Beth posted a beef stew recipe which looks great. I may make that later in the week. There's something about stew that is very comforting on a cold day.

Enjoy your Sunday whatever you do.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning on this lazy Sunday morning. Monica and Carley decided to spent the night and we're all slowing waking up after a late night of chatting into the wee hours and just enough Baileys to make things mellow. We're sitting around the kitchen table now enjoying freshly made Vermont maple oat scones and coffee and talking about going up to the Vanity Fair Outlets in Reading today for some shopping.

Carley showed Amber and me how to make those famous rainbow band bracelets in some fancy elaborate designs, and now several are adorning my wrists.

Tammy, I hope your FIL is doing much better after his surgery and that you're all able to enjoy your vacation while you are there!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:31 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning everyone. Lazy morning right now as I sip coffee but at least I have laundry in. DH wants to watch the football this afternoon so I think it will be my cooking day. I plan to make some more PB muffins, cheesecakes, P1 brownies and roast a turkey breast for dinner and the week's lunches. That should keep me busy!
We are supposed to get a cold spell again this week so I will plan a few hardy meals as well. There is light snow today but only an inch or so.

Have a great day chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 01-19-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and welcome back Irinaelenva!!! I do not have time either on my work days to cook. I cook for the week on a day off. I can usually find time at work to reheat the food although sometimes I have to eat things cold. To met beats eating poorly.

Tammy if you have the internet with your smart phone you can post. Hope your FIL gets some relief. I cannot believe they let people play music in the hospital. Ours are usually very quiet.

Linda have fun with the girls shopping

Ruth I love Jammie days. I look forward to putting on my big fluffy robe everyday after work.

Today I am staying put. I am planning on straightening my hair today. It is so much easier when it is "processed" I never wear my hear down curly because it is so thick, coarse and frizzy!! I get the curl from my father and the texture from my mom. So happy DS has his father's hair lol. Wish me luck doing this at home. The frugal shopper in me just doesn't want to pay the salon price.

Cyndi I thought of you yesterday. I ordered almond flour, coconut oil, PB2 and psyillium husk from Amazon. Way cheaper than in the stores here.

Hope everyone has a great day
Closed Thread