View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #14
lisa32989
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Lisa: Wow - you must have read my mind. I realized yesterday that as I get closer to my goal I am way less excited and motivated than one would expect. Totally baffles me. I haven't derailed myself, but I've thought about it more than I would like. That part of my brain that says "oh, one won't hurt" that has been asleep for months has woken up again and is annoying the heck out of me.

I think I may be scared that I won't be able to maintain the loss without being on P1. I've been lurking in the maintainers thread and getting good ideas and a glimpse of how maintenance will be for me, but there's this irrational fear that the minute I stop P1 I'm somehow going to instantly regain all the weight.

I think recognizing that may be the key to keep it from happening. At least I hope so!
Oh girl, I lurked there for MONTHS! I figure it is never too early to learn about the next step. And I have so many irrational fears. But many of them are not unfounded, since I've lost/gained 100 lbs in the past. So I have history of not maintaining. I'm still learning how to make this time different.

I've already pushed past the weight I hit "last time" (175) and I'm headed toward goal.

I have to tell you, I was SHOCKED when I pulled out my summer clothes for my trip and they fit. My "fat" head said that if I wasn't on P1, those clothes wouldn't fit. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with reality. It has everything to do with a completely distorted body image. I'd been maintaining since Halloween. All my other clothes still fit. But I was still surprised the same-size summer clothes fit. It was just a very weird feeling.

We really can live up to "self fulfilling prophecies". What we think we are, we will be. So, now my work is to learn how to stop thinking I'm fat!