Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #1  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Default A fresh outlook of my thighs

Throughout my weight loss journeys my thighs have always been kind of problematic. I realized today that the problem was all in my head. I have huge thighs. Always have had. Even when the rest of my body, tummy, arms, neck, waistline were slim and skinny, my thighs were fleshy and big.
I have big butts too. Big and round. They too have always been like that. my butts are not a problem for me though. I must say I love them.
My thighs however I don't understand. They never get skinny when I lose weight. They always move from being FAT AND HUGE to be TONED AND HUGE. Picture a Serena Williams thighs and butts on a much smaller frame!

In my mind I picture the fat stored in my thighs as being so settled, like they've been there for so long that they belong there forever. They've gotten stronger that me, they've hardened up and they're unmovable. So I always gave up on them.
Also the truth is that I hardly stay on a serious diet more than 3 months.
I guess I was being to fatalistic.
Since my new journey is going to be a year long one on a treadmill I have decided to see my thighs from another viewpoint. After all, it's just fat right?

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 01-09-2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: mistake
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #2  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

I am not here to give advice on tips for getting thin thighs, just commenting But that may just be your body type, I have an aunt who is like a real gym junkie and her thighs were like the last thing on her body she lost any real weight on, and I just don't see them getting any thinner. They are getting "Hercules bulked"--unintended, but not thin. Maybe yoga would work for you guys ? I don't want big thighs, but I do want a "Hercules Gluteus Maximus". In my other life I was a video girl and I didn't have the body of a boy...

P.S. I'm a treader too! When you have one in home, you have no excuses for not walking/running EVERYday
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:18 AM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Ya know, we have what we have.

Do the best you can with what you have, and ROCK IT!

We need to take what we have and make the best of it.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:14 AM   #4  
Blessed Person Here

Thanks for your ideas guys...I'll have to accept it just that ways and rock them. You don't always get what you want, do you
MarliQQ: I walk every single day on my TM. I'll restart running pretty soon!

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 01-10-2014 at 02:16 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #5  

Actually, I think you're lucky to have that shape. It's sooo feminine!! All the guys I've ever dated, LOVED that shape. Boobs were eh, but a round *** and thighs were extremely attractive. I've never personally encountered an exception. It's the classic goddess shape. I'm sitting here shaking my head!! Hhhhhhh...
earthecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 25/21.6/0

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirti4thirty View Post
I have huge thighs. Always have had. Even when the rest of my body, tummy, arms, neck, waistline were slim and skinny, my thighs were fleshy and big.

My thighs however I don't understand. They never get skinny when I lose weight. They always move from being FAT AND HUGE to be TONED AND HUGE. Picture a Serena Williams thighs and butts on a much smaller frame!
I have always had "the thighs of a linebacker", as I would always joke. But you know what? I think big thighs are... well... kinda sexy! Now that I look at it from a more curvy, voluptuous viewpoint, I think it's sexy to not have a thigh gap and have some nice, solid, meaty thighs. Not that I don't think long, lean, slender legs are not sexy-- they are, too! But I think I find a woman's body to be sexier when it she is thicker. Hips, butt, thighs, breasts-- even a little tummy-- it's sexy! I dunno... perhaps that's just me. But I've come to love my thighs. I used to be horribly embarrassed about their thickness, but now I kinda like 'em that way. Would I like them to be a little smaller? Yes, because I'm tooooo meaty right now... But otherwise? I like 'em. They're solid and strong just like yours are, and they take me from point A to point B and could kick through concrete if need be.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #7  
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Height: 5'3"

Serena is hot....good comparison

I hold my fat in my abs and boobs actually, and my bf doesn't complain much about the "boob fat" lol...I work it as much as I can. I mean, any excess fat will store itself somewhere on our bodies. I gave up the perfect "model" looking body a long time ago. I just want to be at a healthy weight now. Our bodies are beautiful
Chardonnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #8  
Blessed Person Here

Yeah, I guess I'm gonna start loving them too They're getting firmer by the day. Meaty beasts!! lol
Old 01-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 25/21.6/0

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirti4thirty View Post
Yeah, I guess I'm gonna start loving them too They're getting firmer by the day. Meaty beasts!! lol
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #10  

On the plus side, carrying your weight lower on your body is healthier than carrying it on your middle. The better your waist-hip ratio, statistics say that you are at less risk for heart disease. Bonus!
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #11  
Blessed Person Here

It's true, Defining. Happy about that!!!!!! It's goo to be reminded about that. I'm truly blessed!
Old 02-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

I know what you mean about thighs. I've lost weight but my thighs gained an inch since I lasted measured. I don't mind too much cause I know its muscle. I can leg press 220 lbs now.Toned is much better than flabby I guess. I wouldn't mind my weight if I was built like a brick sh*house rather than a stack of tires.
ainslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #13  
Blessed Person Here

haha ainslie!! Love your comparison.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

You can remove the fat from your thighs by doing cardio and weight training. Because if it's fat thighs that you have, then fat CAN be burned off with the proper diet and exercise. If you can, get yourself a heart monitor that will also track calories burned. A good friend of mine had thick thighs and she got them slender and toned. Hire a trainer for just a few sessions; have him or her go over a good diet and what exercises are right for YOU to get rid of those thunder thighs. You can get rid of them; you just will have to work your *** off

Last edited by JerseyPAGirl; 02-11-2014 at 12:21 PM.
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #15  
Blessed Person Here

Thanks for the great advice! jerseypagirl. That sounds good. I walk/run several times a week on the treadmill. I hope that will help in the long run.