General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #1  

Default How can I have a thigh gap??

I'm a normal weight person and as you can see in the photo, when I wear jeans, they're tight on my thighs and butt. I do inner thighs workout every day but it doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help me please?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 78989.jpg (31.9 KB, 176 views)

Last edited by cyndii; 11-05-2013 at 06:55 AM.
cyndii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #2  

what kind of thigh exercise you do?

correct me if I'm wrong but some people say that it depends to your pelvis size and structure, so someone may be skinny while not having thigh gap
ms cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #3  

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms cloud View Post
what kind of thigh exercise you do?

correct me if I'm wrong but some people say that it depends to your pelvis size and structure, so someone may be skinny while not having thigh gap

After I jog for 50 mins, I follow inner thighs workout videos on youtube.

Last edited by cyndii; 11-05-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

working your inner thighs a lot could actually increase the muscle there and inhibit the look you are wanting.. what about naked, do they touch naked too or just in your jeans? could be the type of jeans you are wearing too if they are fuller on the thighs etc.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #5  
Maintaining

S/C/G: 173/118

Height: 5ft, 6in

Thigh gap is mostly about genetics.
justjaynee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #6  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjaynee View Post
Thigh gap is mostly about genetics.
i agree.....i think even if i lose much more weight , that my thighs will never have a gap...when i look at how i stand, my feet are naturally very close together, which indicates where my legs are coming from my hips and pelvis...when i look at women with a thigh gap they seem to place their feet much farther apart naturally...just my observations and no idea if it's scientifically grounded lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #7  
Suicide Wing Winner

S/C/G: 135/98/105

Running seems to really help you lose weight/tighten your upper thigh area. When I first started jogging/running my thighs touched a lot - now they don’t! How many weeks have you been jogging? I guess it also depends on how wide your hips are. Beyonce isn’t the thinnest person in the world, but she still has a thigh gap. Here's an article about it http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...144200697.html

Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Thigh gap is about genetics... or being pretty underweight.

I don't remember where I read it but over the summer I read a peice about the thigh gap and how so many girls/young women were striving for it to the danger of their health.

It said that, except for in woman with a naturally wide pelvis structure, a thigh gap is only attainable when the person is thin enough that their body starts cannibalizing their muscles. Normal inner thigh muscles will prevent the thigh gap in most women.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #9  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Why do you want one? How will this change your life for the better? I'd recommend just focusing on health and fitness, and let the chips fall where they may.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

You can have the right genetics or you can be underweight. That's about it.

Google pictures of Beyonce. I can only find a thigh gap on her when it's been photoshopped (as in, magazine covers).
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

No disrespect, but I'm old and this just seems so incredibly silly to me.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:24 AM   #12  

Default I've been jogging for 5 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
Running seems to really help you lose weight/tighten your upper thigh area. When I first started jogging/running my thighs touched a lot - now they don’t! How many weeks have you been jogging? I guess it also depends on how wide your hips are. Beyonce isn’t the thinnest person in the world, but she still has a thigh gap. Here's an article about it
I went from normal weight to underweight (14% of body fat) last year because I wanted to have a thigh gap. But even after I lost so much fat, there was no big difference with my thighs and butt.. so I was disappointed, eventually put on weight over time, and weighed more than I was used to be.

However, I started to jog and went back to the original(normal) weight.

Thanks for the article by the way! I'll check it out!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:28 AM   #13  

Default Um..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
No disrespect, but I'm old and this just seems so incredibly silly to me.
Why is it silly to work out for my ideal body? Some might want a slender waist and some might want a thigh gap.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

I don't think that is necessarily silly to work out to look and feel good. But like others said, it is fruitless to work toward an unattainable goal. In a perfect world, yeah maybe I'd have a tiny waist, but unless I remove a couple ribs (nope!!) or take other drastic measures it's not gonna happen naturally as its just not in my genetic makeup/body shape. It's almost like training to be a foot taller...

So yes I'm sure you can jog and train and that will tighten things up, but having already been to an unhealthy weight without seeing the gap, I think it might be more realistic to focus on more attainable goals. E.g. If you work your legs overall, I bet ya people will be more astounded by your killer quads/hamstrings and never notice a lack of gap.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndii View Post
Why is it silly to work out for my ideal body? Some might want a slender waist and some might want a thigh gap.
I don't think it's silly at all, my goal is to get your abs, you look fantastic by the way, your hard work is paying off I have a tiny triangle gap in my skinny jeans and I've been running lately too so I'm curious if the comment above about jogging/running really does help those inner thighs slim down. But I do know if you are doing inner thigh workouts it could cause the muscle to grow, not slim so be careful on overworking that area if you are wanting it slimmer but you really do look great
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote